IGNORED

Bought # 4858

madkaw

Not fond of the idea of a white interior. However, black and tan would be a great combo. Black and red as well - that's the color combo my E30 had. Black is a nightmare to keep clean though, so although it might look good, I don't think I would recommend it.

I painted my 71' Black in 1976 with an original black interior. Black on Black so to say.  I loved it, It was a head turner back before the 78 Black Pearl came out.  A real cooker in the summer though, especially with no a/c.  Oy Vey...

71 240Z.jpg

49 minutes ago, sweatybetty said:

i would clean that cam with some steel wool and give it a try.  i have a cam in an old dodge power wagon that looked worse then that, still running fine since 2001

Yup, it's worth a try. I've seen ones with a couple of rusty lobes that were cleaned up and worked fine. That one would be a challenge but you'd know after cleaning a lobe or two if it was worth the trouble to finish it.

Valve train certainly is interesting. Those look like early Nissan Comp Aluminium spring retainers. They came in different colors to indicate what lash size they supported.  I wouldn't throw the cam away. May just need a slight touch up and a re-parkerizing...... 

Any markings on the back of the Cam?   

• Like 1

I couldn't find any markings anywhere on either end of the cam. I'm going to clean it up and likely trade it off to Steve Bonk that does cams to see what he can do with it. The head does have the bigger valves and has been shaved a few thou for sure with shims under the towers. Need to finish taking it all apart and getting it all tanked