IGNORED

Leaking Heater

TomoHawk

I used the A/C setting because you got more air flowing, but that was before we replaced all the vacuum tubes.

Sometimes you need to keep the windows closed, but still  have some fresh air flowing from the middle vent.

Edited by TomoHawk

• 2 weeks later...

There is a guy in Wisconsin that can rebuild the heater control valve and the heater core for Datsuns.  He rebuilds the stuff for a few Zed suppliers.  The price is well below what you'll pay for a new one from a Zed supplier, and he usually will send it back to you the next day.

Edited by TomoHawk

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my valve to the guy in Wisconsin, and got it back, rebuilt, in less than a week.  That and having the heater core repaired by a local radiator shop got dall the parts back together quickly and affordably.  I'm still waiting on a set of new heater hoses, so that is the only bottleneck.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, Apparently the local old-fart radiator repair guy didn't do diddly with my heater core, according to the big-name-radiator-company guy.  He says all the old guy did was to solder around the seam of the little tanks, and rub the inlet with steel wool.  He didn't repair the "leaks" which are those thin vertical tubes that pass through the fins.

He refuses to install anything but a NEW heater core.

So now I need a NEW heater core for a 280Z with a/c.  Since I have no a/c, is there a difference?

ZCarSource seems to be the only place (unless MSA still has the one)  that can supply new heater cores.  Actually, they get small batches custom made, and can't tell you if or when they will get more.