IGNORED

280zx 1979 2+2 slick roof restauration

dutchzcarguy

11 minutes ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I'm not far from getting very angry now… 

I'm not far from their headquarters in Anniston Alabama, 30 minute drive.  You need me to go rough them up a little?  I'll take a 2x4 upside somebody's head.  LOL

I've been able to buy from their ebay store really cheap prices too.  They supply just about all the carpet kits in the States.  I hope they get your order right and make you a happy customer.  Cliff

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

You need me to go rough them up a little?

HAHAHAHA ?  Not yet..  NOT yet!!  Cliff!!   L.O.L. LOLLOL  Thanks for chipping in..  I'll wait for their answer on my explaination,  Do you (OR ANYONE) know of any brand car that made a different size car for different continents.. I SURE DON'T ….   As we say OVER HERE IN THE Netherlands: go fool the cat!!    (dutch.. MAAK DAT DE KAT WIJS! )   

You might get your problem resolved if you can get to talk to the owner of the shop.  You've probably been talking to somebody low in the organization.  But, if you make fun of the people you talk to, ridicule them, call them stupid, and/or tell them how angry you are, they'll just tell you to get lost.  

I don't see the Item number on the paperwork you posted (I didn't look very hard).  You didn't say if it was the correct number for the 2+2.  4 seater.  It's probably on the box.  If you find that the Item number is incorrect, it will make things easier.  That's a miscommunication.  If the item number is correct then they have to figure out who put the wrong parts in the box.

I would go through all of your communications with them from the beginning and see if you can find a place where a mistake was made.  I've always found that if you can show the path to a problem people will accept their mistake more easily.  But, you might find that you made the mistake, so be ready.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zed Head said:

You didn't say if it was the correct number for the 2+2.  4 seater.  It's probably on the box.  If you find that the Item number is incorrect, it will make things easier. 

I looked at the invoice and the sticker pic just a few posts back but no.. Can't figure it out yet..  on the invoice it says: 1 unit EA  description is : 2012   nissan flooring passenger A   

I can't find that number 2012 anywhere in the shop listings..  I'm sure i bought a 2+2 complete set for the car, it surprised me they do all the carpets exept the (very simple square) trunk cover! (you know, that peace that hangs on a single hook )

I was just a little bit kidding, about getting angry.. Much to soon for that.. i think i get/hear a solution today or so.

Thanks Cliff!   But i think the problem will be adressed..

Today i got a mail and i sended one back with measurements and the adress of this thread!  I also said sorry for my short fused behaviour.. :RAGE:

Here are the pic's that, to me, explain why they don't fit..  The 16-17 inches should be around 20-22 inches somewhere..

I'm not going to measure it the difference is clear…  Yesterday i came at my car and discovered that there was a dent in my brand new hood.. someone careless left the vacuumcleaner under the car and the lift was not on lock.. it went down slowly and hit the handlebar of the vacuumcleaner.. grrr… more work.... ?

20200211_095055.jpg

20200211_095101.jpg

20200211_094524.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Guys!  I think we are getting somewhere...

This pic i got from oc carpets, they are the 2+2 carpets they sayd and.. i think thats the case..

image.png

Now i made a video of mine ( so you can see it all)   some sugar and milk to keep the measuring lint on it's place  hahaha…  (if it's bad engish… f it!)

I sended OC Carpets the video and i think they can only conclude they made a mistake… does not matter, only proves they are people to..

i'm excited what the answer is going to be!  I would agree to send the 2 peaces back for the longer ones.. don't know what it costs but it was not my fault.. ican't help it that my former painter fu***-up and took so long, the warranty is gone after 2 years but i need the right set of carpets.. the ones i got are brand new but the wrong ones..

Oh let it please go right for ones! :omg:  ( just kidding, but this aquire went wrong..)

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty clear the carpets don't fit Mart. I hope they solve it and send the good ones back to you without charge. ( only you pay NL tax )

Welcome to my world… i've ordered ALOT from, the states, and many mistakes to, cost me alot of money sadly.

I find it sad these days ( also here in NL ) most companies only want to MAKE money, but when there is a problem, it takes AGES to solve, or worse it will not be solved AT ALL. 

Where is customer service gone to ?

With my company I still stand with these old values, but it seems almost none are to be found anymore these days that really care about their customers. 

Just want to get rich quickly.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Yesterday i came at my car and discovered that there was a dent in my brand new hood.. someone careless left the vacuumcleaner under the car and the lift was not on lock.. it went down slowly and hit the handlebar of the vacuumcleaner.. grrr… more work.... ?

?…. jeez

The shop that did mine made also created a little damage to the steering wheel ( deep scratch ). And some other minor things I fixed later on.

5 hours ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Where is customer service gone to ?

It's Gone with the wind! ?

As the bodyshop guy only works 2 days a week i started with the carpets and stuff like the dash.. It's all in now, and the radio and separate Original cassette player is working again (after a service, some cleaning and grease..) 

20200221_141414.jpg

The much lighter blue ashtray springs out but this is the Original dash..   It is Original Clarion radio and next to it a Original Hitachi cass.player!  Very funny and really 1979 stuff. The radio has it's own mono! speaker in the middle upon the dashboard. The cass player has it's own amp and 2 (stereo) speakers besides the rear seats!

View of the new carpetting..

20200221_141227.jpg

Behind those pedals..

20200221_141341.jpg

rear seat..

20200221_141352.jpg

Picture of the speedo, did you know that the first delivered 280zx's had a 210 km speedo? the car could go faster than that! and the later 280's became a 250km/h speedo!

20200221_141432.jpg

Good clean Panelling stuff on the next pic's..

20200221_141611.jpg

20200221_141629.jpg

20200221_142100.jpg

Some parts of the front window chrome.. (actually it's Stainless steel with a high amount of chrome in it.. it's the best stuff one can have, it never rusts!)

It is still unpolished, i thaught i wait with that till it's on the car again, there are people here they wished they had done that too!  (you can get very curly parts when polishing such thin parts ? )

20200221_142134.jpg

Some really nice tower covers for in the rear! 

20200221_144706.jpg

20200221_144731.jpg

20200221_144807.jpg

In a few weeks i hope to paint my own car! then i can install the rest of the inner parts (in door and window openings.)

I took also a last look into my dash clock.. and saw that it needs a new gear..  It has 60 teeth (That are in very bad state.) and 15 on the smaller one..  Don't think i can ever get me one somewere.. if you know where i can get one let me know! thanks! Here a pic. It's a 18 mm diameter and 1 and 2 mm in tottal 3mm thick wheel.

IMG-20200213-WA0001.jpg

A last word for the supplier of the carpetting..  OC Carpets…  Yes i had to check your work, i did check if al the parts were in the box, and they were there. I could 2,5 years ago... not see that the actually 2 front parts were the wrong (2 seater) carpet parts!

THIS Is the fault of OC CARPETS, If i were them i sended an excuse and the right ones against the packing/shipping costs..  

NO... they send me a mail with you can get 15% discount on the right carpets.. YOU made the mistake not me!!!!

I would - As a firm -  be very ASHAMED FOR SUCH BAD WORK!!  AND SEND THE RIGHT CARPETS FOR THE SHIPPING COSTS!    But no it's as Bart sayd, we want money!! that's what we want!!  Customer go f... yourself…  

Do you think i'm going to do another order there?  of course NOT!!  EVER!