IGNORED

Checking correct fuel level at Round Top 3 screw SU CARBS Float bowls

22 minutes ago, Randalla said:

This looks to me like fuel has been leaking from somewhere for a long time, given the color of the stain. Here are a few things to check. First, make sure your float level is  not set too high. If it's too high, gas may be coming out the vent tube on the fuel bowl lid, or more likely, given what I see in your pictures, your float bowl lids need new gaskets. Still it's unusual for this to happen unless very aggressively driving and sloshing fuel. I would also check to see that your fuel is not leaking due to a pin hole leak or poor sealing of the hose clips. Obviously this is an issue you should address ASAP.    

One of two conditions would cause that fuel stain

I wont be able to check this until i get my battery charged.

When you pull the covers take a look at the fuel levels. Specifically if the one with the stain has more fuel than the other. I think you would have noticed an extreme too-rich condition if that one float was set that high or the needle and seat were was stuck open. As I recall it's been running well. My guess is a bad gasket and spirited driving.

3 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

When you pull the covers take a look at the fuel levels. Specifically if the one with the stain has more fuel than the other. I think you would have noticed an extreme too-rich condition if that one float was set that high or the needle and seat were was stuck open. As I recall it's been running well. My guess is a bad gasket and spirited driving.

Well i guess it was indeed the gasket. I do have some spares but since i will be adjusting the floats i will only use them when they are fully adjusted. I tried a sealant to fix this one. Hope it does not leak if i decide to drive wild. 

20200403_205909.jpg

20200403_205924.jpg

20200403_210757.jpg

20200403_212614.jpg

20200403_212622.jpg

20200403_213043.jpg

IMG-20200403-WA0088.jpeg

20200403_212934.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

This is the fuel level using the clear hoses Ztherapy sold me long time ago. Im still waiting for Randall to sell me a kit of his great invention. 20200404_163611.jpg

20200404_162847.jpg

I will likely have new Float-Syncs back in stock and ready to ship by next Wednesday. One of my suppliers says my parts are in the mail and I will  receive them on Monday. I think you will find these much more precise, and you can see the fuel level in both carbs with the car running. Maybe some of my former customers can vouch for Float-Sync.

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

17 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I can't see if they're the same level. They're probably very close which explains your spirited driving.? Glad to see you found the source of the leak. Dripping fuel from the carbs of a Z can be disastrous.

23 mm down from where exactly? From where to where shall i measure with the caliper?

post-12190-14150824441192-1.jpg