IGNORED

Stroker 3.1

I have a Tilton 10.5lb 225mm with the $100 Exedy clutch kit that isn't noisy at all.  My 280 with the same clutch kit on an OE 225mm flywheel is noisy as hell when the throwout bearing has the load but I beat it down with the old bearing when I installed it onto the collar.  The next time I had a machine shop press the new on, no noise.

EDIT: I used a bench vise and the old bearing instead of a hammer to press the first one on, sorry. :hi: 

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

During acceleration, a lighter flywheel will deliver more torque to the wheels than a heavier one...

I run a 10lb flywheel in the Z and an 8lb flywheel in my S2000. Anything heavier is sports-car sacrilege as far as I'm concerned!

You're right LeonV, the word I should have used is inertia, not torque........that's what I feel like I need for stoplight to stoplight and launching the quarter mile. 

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

Geometried the head with my Stage III Isky cam.....wipe patterns are checked. Will take it to Eiji Monday....he'll cc the chambers, assemble the head, then time the cam. I'll bring her home and finish it up in the next week or so.

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3367.JPG

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

• Like 2

Will do Site.....BTW, I've got a new name for you instead of siteunseen.....AlabamaZama! Thought of that the other night when I was sucking down a few brews! Whatcha think?    BTW.....All 12 lash pads are .160's.....could easily take .170's as you can see on the wipe patterns in the pic.  Maybe AlaZama!

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Diseazd said:

A machine shop will cut those down for a song.....those suckers are really hard PITA to file. You'll see what I mean.  :Grrrrr:

So if I get the exhaust and the intakes hitting the wipe pad right by filing them myself I could have the other 10 cut down by a machinist?  Do one of each and use those to check all twelve lobes?  I was going to use the outer spring only for the sizing of the lash pads and do one at a time.

Thanks Guy, I appreciate your help.  It really helps getting started into the unknown after talking with someone that's been there and done that. :)