IGNORED

Brakes stuck

papabear

Thanks....  I wish I could push it .. Its parked about two inches from the garage wall..  Its a shady situation here.  My neighbor died and they are getting the house ready for sale.  The people handling the estate put all my neighbors possessions outside.  There has been a steady flow of of shady people rifling through the Junk.  The garage is locked up but I am afraid to open it up in front of anyone...  To top it off once I get it rolling I have to wait to get it out when the 40 yard dumpster gets moved..  Im located in Grover Beach Ca ( near san luis obispo ).  In the future when I have it running Im hoping there are some other members in the area..  Thanks again for all the support.  

Most tow companies have roll trucks, dollies, and all the gear they need to move that car without damaging it  Probably cost less than $100.  And you can rent a 15' U-Haul truck for about $60 to move the rest.  Sometimes, time and convenience is worth the spending, even if it's only moving a few feet.  With the truck blocking the garage entrance you can keep the riff-raff out too.

• Like 2

well that wasn't so bad..  I messed with the adjuster and then just went around with a hammer and they both freed up very easily.  Tons of junk came out. Well now its ready to roll and I can't wait for the dumpster to move so I can get it home..  Thanks again for the help.  I will post some pics once I get it cleaned up.  I found some paperwork and it looks like the mileage is correct at 74,035.  He had it worked on I was told by the local nissan dealer in San Luis obispo and I am hoping they share any service history they might have.  

• Like 3

Oh I'm glad you got her rolling. If this happened last week I'd have been there to lend a hand. I just started Dorm renovations at CSUCI last Monday. Unfortunately I'm not available until the 1st of September. I'll be working six days a week 12 plus hrs a day.

At least you can get her moved now. If you haven't got her running by the time I'm done with the university then I'll be available to help. But I'll bet she'll be running before then. Sure wish I could be there now.

Edited by rcb280z
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rcb280z said:

Oh I'm glad you got her rolling. If this happened last week I'd have been there to lend a hand. I just started Dorm renovations at CSUCI last Monday. Unfortunately I'm not available until the 1st of September. I'll be working six days a week

I worked for a GC doing that same stuff,  18 years. Student Centers with dorms and eating facilities. Athletic Centers, anything with money. We even did Guvment work. LOL

thanks for all the support.. Ive got the 240 in the garage and feel a whole lot better.  The paint isn't quite in the condition that I thought but it is very presentable.  Its original but it looks like there was some work to some of the panels.  II found some paperwork and talked to the previous owners friend and they verified the 75,000 original miles.  I  turned the motor over by hand and it turned with very little resistance.  Im off to work for a few weeks it looks like so I won't be able to do much.  Im going to follow the procedures in the write ups on the start up procedure... Ill start a new thread when I start the work.  Again thanks for the help and the generous offers to help.  Hopefully during summer she's up and rolling.  

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

good morning... 

rcb280z.. thanks for the offer . ill pm you with details of how to get ahold of me..

I pulled the Spark Plugs Last night, and they looked decent. Im going to look around the forums on what to do before I crank over.  Ill start off today by draining the fuel, and maybe changing the oil.  

Im going to get some new fuel lines shortly..  All mine are in inches, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the the correct size fuel lines that I need..

I plan on following the write up that was posted above on what I should do before starting..   The crank moves freely from what I felt.