IGNORED

#187 on BAT

gwri8

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, Patcon said:

How much of the 20k did you self perform? For me I would do almost all of it myself, so I don't see it as being that much, but I could be wrong...

I would not attempt to do a concourse restoration myself; I have a professional paint and body man for that.  He does outstanding work on S30s, as a matter of fact he has done work on some the nicest vintage Datsun and Nissan racecars out there.  His work is posted on this website on another thread.

I actually think $16.5K is very fair but I certainly would not have paid over $10K for it.  Most of that is for the VIN.  Right off the bat the new owner will need to source new/used front fenders, a hood, a front bumper, a headlight bucket, possibly a grille, and a complete lower valance panel assembly.  Thankfully all those parts can be sourced but even if you did not have to ship any of it and got a good deal on all of it you are looking at least $1K.  Even if you only painted the new parts it will be $1K - $2K and it wont match the rest of the car.  This would be just to fix everything that can be seen.  However and we can all agree, the damaged floors need to be fixed, rear rockers and inner fender needs to be cut out and fixed, and the suspension needs to be gone through.  In the end if the new owner has connections and does some of the work themselves they might be in the car for $22K - $25K getting everything right.  Make it a bare metal re-spray and really restore it, $30K easy.  Possible resale when all is said and done, $40K+.  Like all of you I hope the buyer restores it but only time will tell.