kacrow76

1976 280z

I am selling the "Z" 1976 been restored lots of new parts. restored it for my son and he has out grown it. i guess . This site helped me so much when i was working on it want to thank every one.

odo says 86000. contact info crowkent@gmail.com 8,000 OBO 

theZ-01746.jpg

datsun-03186.jpg

datsun-03187.jpg

datsun-03188.jpg

datsun-03189.jpg

datsun-03191.jpg

datsun-03194.jpg

datsun-03195.jpg

datsun-03197.jpg

datsun-03198.jpg

datsun-03200.jpg

datsun-03202.jpg

datsun-03203.jpg

datsun-03205.jpg

• Like 1

that's s beauty, someone is going to be very happy to get it. I remember when I "out grew" my 71 240z back when I was about 22 yrs old back around 1980, sure do regret that, at least I was able to find a nice 280 36 yrs later... when I grew back into it.

Very nice. If you were closer.... and the dollar was stronger...

Wish this was available when I was looking.  Shouldn't take long to sell and It will be a great car for whomever gets it.

Sounds like my son. I spent a good amount of time getting his 77 going nothing as nice as this and he didn't like it. He wanted a nice 4x4 truck which he now has. 3 years later he admits to missing it and wish he still had it.

If you have the means, keep it, tell him you sold it, and put it in storage somewhere. Get classic car insurance on it and drive it to work once a week or once a month to keep things fresh and moving. 

Then in a few years when it comes up again you can have a nice lunch together at an outside eating establishment and park it right where he can see it. Only tell him it's yours when you get up to leave!  If not then sell it. It should only go up in value. 

• Like 2

I think 8,000.00 is a good price tell what you guys think its on craigslist and i have had lots of intrust might be gone today or tomorrow. would love to keep it i just need the money and do not have the space for it right now.

it will be the one that got away and your son will be able to complain about in 20 yrs.

Edited by Dave WM

Honestly, I think 8k is a give away price these days for a Z in this condition.  With no or minimal rust I would expect it to go for 11-15K fairly easy.   My two cents.

Don't forget, Kansas is way out there.  You can't ask big coastal-city money when you live in the country.  No offense kacrow.

Keep it. Think of it as a 401Z retirement plan. Where else can you double your money in a year of two? Clean 280's prices are on the way up.

Might I ask where you got the door cards? I see molded-in speakers... I am having a lot of trouble finding door cards.

You guys are not making this any easier . i maybe could have got a few more bucks for it. but what the hell. the door cards cam for a guy in cali i think i found him on the site. the only draw back is yoiu have to go elc. on the windows. thanks again guys this site is great.

8 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Honestly, I think 8k is a give away price these days for a Z in this condition.  With no or minimal rust I would expect it to go for 11-15K fairly easy.   My two cents.

I agree with you Greg. It's, for the most part, in really good shape and should bring more than the asking price. JMO

• Like 1

Count me among the group that thinks the price is low. I still have a Craigslist alert for Z cars in my area (which isn't great for selling prices, obviously) and follow BaT pretty closely. Other than "trending up," it's hard to get a really good sense on the market, but maybe the most reliable indicator for pricing that I've noticed is condition. Cars in very good or better shape go for big (for Z car) money: $20-30k+; cars that need a bit of work tend to go for far less. Originality doesn't seem to be a major factor in prices; neither does the year.

My working theory is that Z cars don't yet have the same kind of intrinsic value as a collectible item that a lot of the other classic cars have. I think for many people, the value is in how "cool" they are. So knowing that you're looking at a minimum of $10-15k to do a very light restoration and body/paint on a "fair" car that costs ~$10k, it makes a ton of sense to just buy the finished product and save the trouble (and probably some money).

• Like 1

I bet you could take it  a CA or Texas car meet and get 50% more.  Otherwise, there's this.

the pricing problem.PNG

1 hour ago, charliekwin said:

it makes a ton of sense to just buy the finished product and save the trouble (and probably some money).

Exactly, I look at mine and know for a fact I'm looking at more $$ to restore my 77 than this 76 is selling for. If I had the money I would be tempted to buy it. 

Edited by rcb280z

Well guys it sold to a really nice guy in Dallas. you might see him on here soon as i am giving him the link to this site. who knows maybe i will be back someday with another "Z" i do love them. 

• Like 1