IGNORED

Fairlady 432 at Auction

gundee

9 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

image.png

image.png

...and these are the interiors of two different Works race cars, so starting to blur the lines between what's *correct* for a factory race PZR or 240ZR and the product used for homologation/sale to the general public.

46 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I put it there because of the blocked off ports that were discussed earlier.  If you want to do a 432-R tribute, it is a convenient part to have.

You could fill this thread with such things, but it would be more appropriate on a thread dedicated to that topic.

Otherwise its just like having a pet dog which brings random 'gifts' in from the garden...

So be it... this site is not reference site, it is the spirit of 片山豊 that lives here: "Love Z cars. Love Z people. Love Z life." .

If you want to set up a more accurate and orderly site, I will pay for the domain and web space and get you or a friend of yours set up to start rolling it out. It is a shame that your knowledge, experience, and reference materials are not shared to the masses.... the Z world would be a better place!

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

So be it... this site is not reference site...

Isn't it?

36 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

it is the spirit of 片山豊 that lives here: "Love Z cars. Love Z people. Love Z life." .

Lord save us from the advertising jingles. Pretty please.

37 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

If you want to set up a more accurate and orderly site, I will pay for the domain and web space and get you or a friend of yours set up to start rolling it out. It is a shame that your knowledge, experience, and reference materials are not shared to the masses.... the Z world would be a better place!

Maybe you could make that offer to your chum 'SpeedRoo' over here, as he seems enthusiastic?

Look, this thread is titled 'Fairlady 432 at auction'. A little digression is inevitable - and usually no bad thing - but if you're going to be scouring the web for random photos to dump here then may I suggest they either have a question or explanation attached to them, that they are not divorced from their original context, and that they might be neatly woven into the subject of the thread? I don't see how a replica FRP dash is 'on topic' in this thread. I think it's a reasonable observation.

And I do plenty of 'sharing', thanks. My personal preference is to use my ammunition sparingly, and where it will - hopefully - be on target and with good grouping. Your spray and pray approach might please the crowd (hey, who doesn't like a bit of instant gratification?) but in the long term it will tend to throw up more questions than answers because you're often not bringing the data with the photos. A good example is the tranche of photos you dumped on the choke & throttle control thread yesterday. Who knows what's what anymore? 

Here, have a WienerMobile on me. You can colour it in at your leisure...

wienermobile3_jpg_667x667_q100.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 2:23 PM, 240260280 said:

Early rubber floor mats!

20191024BH_nagoya041.jpg

The JDM rubber mats came standard on all S30-S models, so not just limited to early cars like North American HLS30s.  The HLS30 front mats are also different as they have "DATSUN" molded into them. 

• Like 2

I just love the interior on Z432-R's...

I wonder why the gear stick / shifter is bent though? 71A boxes usually had a dead straight shifter...unless it's an option box feature?

I've got a Mach wheel like that, but I always seem them faded to brown, they were originally black.

If anyone is planning to do a replica you'll want a set of Ikeda Bussan seats, I went to great expense in grabbing a set for myself. They are not cheap..but then again nothing Z-432-R parts wise is cheap. That's what makes these cars so special, the parts are all super rare and expensive if you can find them.

Not the most comfortable, but certainly look the part in the Z. I've now taken them out since I used the car for my wedding and it wasn't gonna work with the wife's dress on the day.

IMG_20170226_185904.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike B said:

The JDM rubber mats came standard on all S30-S models, so not just limited to early cars like North American HLS30s.  The HLS30 front mats are also different as they have "DATSUN" molded into them. 

Interesting.  I thought the "DATSUN" stamped ones were aftermarket.  Sorry I'm mixing up with the 240z stamped rubber mats.

Edited by 240260280

2 hours ago, Gav240z said:

I just love the interior on Z432-R's...

I wonder why the gear stick / shifter is bent though? 71A boxes usually had a dead straight shifter...unless it's an option box feature?

Original 432-R gearstick (FS5C71-A 'box) was straight. The one on the auction car has been modified to bring it closer to hand in 1st, 3rd & 5th gears when you are sitting - quite reclined - in the Ikeda Bussan bucket seat, and with your Takata 4-point seatbelts on. So, owner preference modified.

I've done the same on my 432-R replica. Shortened the stick a little at the same time.

• Like 1