IGNORED

Fairlady 432 at Auction

gundee

PS30-00166 is on the same auction , this car was mentioned already here in the past auction in the US . Seems it changed in hands in the US maybe previous owners wasn’t happy about the car .

The estimate is really low , but I don’t know it is a good buy for someone who wants a right Z432 .

Kats

1554EEF8-99D6-49FA-95E7-9DB0EE565724.png

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

What is the orange sheet metal channel that sits where the choke normally lies? It looks like it has a lock cylinder in the center.

That's where the ignition key has been relocated to. You can see the steering has no lock, just an empty hole in the plastic housing to the right of the column..

• Like 2

Good catch everyone !

This R has an original Dash which doesn’t have cut away for the blower  vent for each side . You can see the hole is just covered ( un - cut ) by vinyl . Usually this vinyl had cut for the vent .This is the true dash for the 432-R .

However , each car has each customized style . This car has center vent with control levers , I can’t tell from the picture whether this car has a heater box or not but , there might be a heater box . 

Attached picture is the good example of a plain Z432-R which has close configurations to the press car . 
No map light , no blower fan switch , no slide levers , no glove box lid , etc .

Blue , you may have some pictures of the press car’s cockpit in your Hoover bag .

Kats

4714BD7D-5538-4DE8-904D-5DA22F5DA07F.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kats said:

Blue , you may have some pictures of the press car’s cockpit in your Hoover bag .

Kats

4714BD7D-5538-4DE8-904D-5DA22F5DA07F.jpeg

Sadly no... but I have one of those 432R / S30-S mirrors in my garage... nice to own a part of a 432R

I'll hunt for 432R pictures and report back... Hoover switched on!

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1