IGNORED

Fairlady 432 at Auction

gundee

9 hours ago, Gav240z said:

For me the sad part is that they are Chinese knocks offs of unknown quality and standards.

READ THIS  

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/manufacturing/tens-of-thousands-of-counterfeit-wheels-made-in-china-are-on-australian-roads-experts-warn/news-story/bbf2565440a7ddf0c291a7ef9c4e9815

Watch This

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 12:53 PM, Gav240z said:

For me the sad part is that they are Chinese knocks offs of unknown quality and standards.

We don't know the full story on these rally/z432 style wheels, it could well be the seller got these made, rather than a generic buy, so could have had more control on the process/end product.

As with most things made in China, its driven by a desire of the West for goods and that are cheap. Even when made elsewhere (e.g. a S30 group buy) the people expressing interest falls when they realize the actual cost. People want quality for peanuts, and that doesn't work.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, RIP260Z said:

We don't know the full story on these rally/z432 style wheels, it could well be the seller got these made, rather than a generic buy, so could have had more control on the process/end product.

Have you bought a set yourself? I was tempted, but I'm somewhat holding off for now.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:23 AM, Gav240z said:

Have you bought a set yourself? I was tempted, but I'm somewhat holding off for now.

I have. Though I brought them in early December last year, well before Kats introduced us to them on this thread. I had nothing to go on, except I had seen the seller selling stuff for years and a good reputation.

I got them yesterday. I haven't really had a chance to look at them yet (hence partly the delayed reply).

From what I see on-line only, they are selling, more of the rally replica style than the Z432 replica style.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 9:06 AM, kats said:

Hi , BH Auction at Tokyo has just ended tonight, the results are not pretty compared to the last year . 

All prices are million JPY 

1971 Z432 13.0→ NO BID

Kats

Kats, what kind of shape was the 1971 z432 in to have no bids at all?

10 hours ago, RIP260Z said:

I have. Though I brought them in early December last year, well before Kats introduced us to them on this thread. I had nothing to go on, except I had seen the seller selling stuff for years and a good reputation.

I got them yesterday. I haven't really had a chance to look at them yet (hence partly the delayed reply).

From what I see on-line only, they are selling, more of the rally replica style than the Z432 replica style.

Do you have a link to the seller?

8 hours ago, EVILC said:

Kats, what kind of shape was the 1971 z432 in to have no bids at all?

I can not explain well because I have not seen the car closely. 

http://bhauction.jp/pdf/catalog/005_1971_NISSAN_FAIRLADY_Z_432.pdf

But seeing the other auction which sold a very clean , stock 280Z 2+2 over 40000 USD , I think people want a stock and clean car . If the Z432 were a kind of the one , it would be sold within a estimated price.

Nowadays people who are potential- buyer know very well which is original and which is not . 

I think higher price deserves to a stock and clean car , just like the other classical cars . 

If this car had a stock coil springs , stock magnesium wheels, and sit it’s correct hight , would have  looked much better.

And the after market roll bars deduct buyers attention a lot . 

Other non original small parts ,  to obtain correct parts is tough but , you would be even enjoying to collect parts for a right shape Z432. 

Kats

Edited by kats