IGNORED

Fairlady 432 at Auction

gundee

Hi , BH Auction at Tokyo has just ended tonight, the results are not pretty compared to the last year . 

All prices are million JPY 

1972 Z432 project 2.0→7.0 SOLD

1972.GTR 15.0→ NO BID

1971 GTR 12.0→ 12.0 reserve not met

1973 GTR 45.0→45.0 reserve not met

1972 GTR 14.0→17.5 reserve not met

1972 GTR 14.0→16.0 SOLD

1964 Prince Skyline Sports 28.0→29.0 reserve not met

1971 Z432 13.0→ NO BID

Kats

20 minutes ago, kats said:

Thanks Alan , the auctioneer did not know what is original . I wonder the buyer would have expected they are original. 

Kats

I noted that the other 432 in the auction was fitted with the same reproduction KS 'Rally Mag' wheels too.

Personally speaking, I don't think this kind of high profile 'showbiz' type auction is suited to the automotive world in Japan. When you buy one of these cars, everyone knows what you have paid. That's not a good thing for many Japanese enthusiasts. In my experience, they would usually prefer to keep that information away from their wife/family/work colleagues/friends...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Personally speaking, I don't think this kind of high profile 'showbiz' type auction is suited to the automotive world in Japan. When you buy one of these cars, everyone knows what you have paid. That's not a good thing for many Japanese enthusiasts. In my experience, they would usually prefer to keep that information away from their wife/family/work colleagues/friends...

That is also applied to me too , Alan .

Looking at these results,  actual bidding amount reflecting the condition / quality of cars . Some cars are really nice but , just wanted way expensive money for the car . 

Blue , I think so too , if someone want a Z432 , and is able to restore by him/herself  , it is a good buy . 

Kats

9 hours ago, HS30-H said:

In some cultures, how much you paid is viewed as a bragging right (a form of phallus waving so to speak). :).

The thing that makes those Kobe Seiko wheels look unoriginal, is how pristine they are.. The originals often have a few gouges, marks, scuffs and battle scars.

My collection for reference.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W2vyzLeEmcyrCq0T2

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gav240z said:

The thing that makes those Kobe Seiko wheels look unoriginal, is how pristine they are.. The originals often have a few gouges, marks, scuffs and battle scars.

I’m a person that appreciate some “battle scars” on some of the old “rare” parts i find. I don’t feel the need to or want to restore some pieces to like new condition. For example i want my old steering wheels to have some wear and marks in them, it feels and looks good and tells a story about them. I feel the same with these wheels.

I really want a set of ks rally wheels and have looked for a long time. I was about to place an order for a set of five wheels a while ago through a shop in Japan but now when these other replicas are available im hesitating as im affraid that they will be all over the place.

It’s a bit sad in my own opinion.

• Like 1