IGNORED

Jury Rigging Fuel Pump

just1n962

23 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Some day I should probably make an instructional video for people to use their meters to diagnose Z electrical systems. There are still plenty of opportunities for tech tips.

You should Steve!  I just get lost following the wires in the silly schematic!

I'm definitely going to be trying out all of these diagnostics and figuring out more about reading the meter. And when I talked about turning the key I meant that I turned it all the way to start. The engine does turn over and it wants to fire but without gas getting to it she obviously won't. We got her to run for a second or two off of starter fluid. 

Don't overlook that if the car sat for quite a while before you got it the gas might be bad, the fuel pump might have rusted, there might be water and/or rust in the tank, it might have made it's way in to the fuel rail and injectors, etc...

There's a lot missing from the story.  If you define where you're starting from you might save yourself a lot of time and trouble,  People often just throw a battery in to a car and suck all of the bad fuel through the fuel system, hoping the engine will fire.  Then they have to fix all of the damage.

I pulled the engine and fuel tank and all the lines. The engine is completely rebuilt and brand new, I took apart the tank, cleaned it out, welded it back together and coated the entire inside and all the fuel lines are new. It's definitely not an issue of crud anywhere. Even with the fuel pump I took that all apart and cleaned every inch of it. This was a full on restoration. The only problem is that the car that I chose to restore had a previous owner who decided he'd take a "what the hell" approach to wiring this thing up when there were issues.