IGNORED

The Trans-America Challenge 2018

JSM

Another thought is contact the guys from the Peking race to see where they sourced some the parts your looking for. I think the hard ones to get will be the longer springs/ shocks. The one guy Chris is from CA too. I thought in northern CA. 

Chris Bury(USA) / Tjerk Bury(USA)

http://www.endurorally.com/pages/peking-to-paris-motor-challenge-2016-participants

Edited by JSM

1 hour ago, JSM said:

You got some work ahead of you. Still, likely cheaper than doing that to the jag, plus would you really want to? The XKE have really skyrocketed in price, but since you can afford the entrance fee I’m assuming money is isn’t an issue. ?

Yes, I am Jaguar XKE (E-type) aficionado and have several. You are absolutely right taking $250,000 car to the rally may not be very good idea. I do know Jag extremely well, and restore myself 9 of them, however Jag more at home on a smooth track and not very suitable for rally driving with 50% of of road pavement gravel. Because I  am new to Z car and time is short  I do need help sourcing rally parts. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Motorsport Auto, zcarparts and thesztore are all the same place.   Down in LA.  They have been in the Z car parts business for years and are very dependable.

By the way,  posting your name and address next to the pictures of your expensive cars doesn't seem the safest.  Maybe you have the best security though and aren't worried.

http://www.zcarparts.com/contact.html

23 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Motorsport Auto, zcarparts and thesztore are all the same place.   Down in LA.  They have been in the Z car parts business for years and are very dependable.

By the way,  posting your name and address next to the pictures of your expensive cars doesn't seem the safest.  Maybe you have the best security though and aren't worried.

Thank you,

23 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I will remove address :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, Boris Gruzman said:

Yes, I am Jaguar XKE (E-type) aficionado and have several. You are absolutely right taking $250,000 car to the rally may not be very good idea. I do know Jag extremely well, and restore myself 9 of them, however Jag more at home on a smooth track and not very suitable for rally driving with 50% of of road pavement gravel. Because I  am new to Z car and time is short  I do need help sourcing rally parts. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

You make any headway with the Z?

9 minutes ago, Boris Gruzman said:

Unfortunately no :( which mean that I will be driving  1965 Jaguar XKE.  Sorry Z...Perhaps next event i will be ready with Z

Gotcha.  How much of the rally will be off road?  I was wondering if you really need to do all the suspension mods you had in mind?

Sounds like you need to take the Z to someone who can do most of the work, who knows what parts to use and where to source them from. You could work with him/them, knowledge is the thing here, I guess that you want to do this thing in comfort with no hassles. If you were in Australia.............

drool...  I love these cars. My family is from England and I had an uncle with one. Beautiful!

He left the XKE in England but brought his 64 MK II back to play with. It is currently 60% restored and sitting in a garage since he passed away. Maybe one day I will finish it for him.