IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

Brilliant, thanks for posting Jason! I am still trying to decide between the Fujitsubo or spirit garage twin system (real shame Sean doesn't do a twin with his sport/race).. though I am not sure I can justify the extra $1k over the Fujitsubo (especially on what is going to remain a pretty stock l24)

Now knowing the release date, I can put it on the backburner for a couple of months

On 06/04/2017 at 0:01 PM, HS30-H said:

First of all, I would say that the description "Nissan factory race header" is kind of misleading. It would more accurately be described - in my opinion - as a 'Nissan Sports Option' or 'Nissan Race Option' part, or - if it was being retailed in the USA by 'Datsun Competition' - as a 'Datsun Comp.' part. 

The 'Sports Option' parts......... were designed and manufactured with the intention of sale to the general public, had full part numbers and a pricing structure, were listed in factory-authorised literature and customers could seek advice on their fitment and use....(and) were - in comparison - volume produced, and in different facilities.

Your Street-Sport item will be based on one of the 'Sports Option'/Datsun Competition retail items.

Ok, so the words 'fatcory' and 'works' are to be avoided so as not to confuse - thanks.

So where, please, does this manifold fit in the scheme of things which the Spots-Option header appears to emulate ? Noted in the catalogue, is this another or the same customer option part ?

JDM street-sport.jpg

• Like 1

On 08/04/2017 at 2:25 AM, khughes said:

Brilliant, thanks for posting Jason! I am still trying to decide between the Fujitsubo or spirit garage twin system (real shame Sean doesn't do a twin with his sport/race)..

Isn't Eiji's system a Fujitsubo brought in  then ?

On 08/04/2017 at 2:25 AM, khughes said:

Never a twin exhaust line - I believe that they were conceived for small cc, high-revving engines and that even stock export engines outgrew them.

18 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Isn't Eiji's system a Fujitsubo brought in  then ?

Never a twin exhaust line - I believe that they were conceived for small cc, high-revving engines and that even stock export engines outgrew them.

Datsun Spirit and Spirit Garage are not the same place, one is a well regarded garage in Japan that make a twin pipe exhaust system, lots of other parts, has a great reputation.

The other isn't any of the above! :)

2 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

So where, please, does this manifold fit in the scheme of things which the Spots-Option header appears to emulate ? Noted in the catalogue, is this another or the same customer option part ?

JDM street-sport.jpg

You see the bits that say "FOR CROSS FLOW" and "When using a cross-flow type of cylinder head...."? 

The 14004-N3120 MANIFOLD-EXHAUST is for the 'LY'/'Cross-flow' cylinder head. It was a Nissan Sports/Race Option part. It only fits the 'LY' 'head.

Just as with the normal L-gata exhaust manifolds, the true 'Works' exhaust manifolds for the 'LY' heads were quite different from the 'Sports/Race Option' parts.

Here's an example of a proper Works race exhaust manifold for an LY Crossflow engined Z:

vhXMcs.jpg

0AiF5v.jpg

....as you can see, it differs in shape and construction from the 14004-N3120 in the Sports/Race Option catalogue. That's the difference between 'Works' and 'Sports/Race Option'.

• Like 2