zcardepot.com

Spindle Removal Tool Rear Suspension S30 NEW!

Tool for removing those stubborn rear suspension spindle pins!   Remove the spindle in minutes with no cursing with this tool.  The spindle must be removed to replace the lower control arm bushings on 1970-78 Z cars.  We offer this tool to purchase or as a rental to U.S. addresses.  

https://zcardepot.com/driveline/rear-axle/axle-stub-companion-flange-chromoly-930-cv-racing.html?search=outer+axle

800-1010 Spindle Tool.jpg

800-1010 Spindle Rear.JPG

Edited by zcardepot.com
added tags

Looks like the one I built...
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG

... but better! LOL

(to clarify: theirs is better, not mine...)

Edited by wheee!

Well, I received mine. It looks well built to me. Now I have no excuse about replacing all of those dead bushing in the rear suspension.

Be forewarned.... the spindle tool is great, but will not remove a seized bolt. I can attest to that... one side came out easy, the other felt like it was welded in.
Snapped two tools I made...
IMG_1704.thumb.jpg.71211417e8a1e81212604
Needed a 100 tonne press at a over 60 tonnes plus a torch and soaking in transmission fluid before it budged.
IMG_1721.thumb.JPG.28a1c3f51d6ce81aca470
IMG_1722.thumb.JPG.5f4b4747a0ab1648bf1f0

Yer, My opinion. They only good for pins that are easy to remove or slightly tight and nearing seizure.

Im not saying they are worthless. They are perfect for that and much better than flogging a good pin out with the hammer and damaging the threaded end.

Wow i bought 4 outer suspension bushings, 2 for each side and forgot to purchase this tool. Is this really necessary?

Edited by jalexquijano

14 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Wow no im worried on how the shop that replaced all the bushings managed to replace thosw 4 bushings?

It's not always necessary.  Your shop probably has a press.  And since you had your bushings replaced recently you probably don't need it.

The old PU ones will slide out by hand.  The new ones will need to be pressed or hammered (carefully) in.  It's obvious how they fit, they shouldn't have a problem.

7 hours ago, Zed Head said:

The old PU ones will slide out by hand.  The new ones will need to be pressed or hammered (carefully) in.  It's obvious how they fit, they shouldn't have a problem.

You have to pay close attention on the replacing the LCA bushings. There is a long side and a short side. They should go in only one way. If you look at them closely you can tell which side is which. Look in my build thread for more details