IGNORED

Nissan Factory restoration cars

Sunline

$70K? Wow!  I remember seeing one in 2004 when my son and I visited Peak Nissan in nearby Littleton, CO.  It was originally purchased in 1996 or 1997 by a gentleman in Florida and Peak Nissan had it on their showroom floor. Asking price back then was $30K. Here are a few pictures that my son took of the car.

By the way, Chris, I would love to buy a copy as well.

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

Edited by lonetreesteve
typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

I have this picture from the seller.  It is not a Vintage Z.  The VIN is HLS30-22547.  It is a Les Cannaday / Classic Datsun restoration, however.

Is the Seller advertising or offering this Z - as a Vintage Z?   Is this the car the OP was asking about?

• Like 1

That is the one I was enquiring about. After I re-read their ad I realized that they were not representing it as a Vintage Z. 

Not sure if this car is better, worse or equal to the original 37 Vintage  Z's  

Based on what little I know about his restoration work he seems to be extremely proficient at his craft, a least according to his web site  

Edited by Sunline

1 hour ago, Sunline said:

That is the one I was enquiring about. After I re-read their ad I realized that they were not representing it as a Vintage Z. 

Not sure if this car is better, worse or equal to the original 37 Vintage  Z's  

Based on what little I know about his restoration work he seems to be extremely proficient at his craft, a least according to his web site  

Well - it is at the very least - it is different than a Vintage Z.  

Without seeing/knowing everything about this Z - it is impossible to tell what the market would bear.  I would really want to see the documentation/photo history - of the entire restoration process.

How good a job any shop can do - depends to a large degree on how much money the owner is willing to put into the project.  What it is worth in the end is mostly Condition, Condition then supply/demand - - - it seems that right now something around $45K is the Top End for Concours Quality, with 1970 Models leading the demand. 71’s will usually sell for a bit less as the demand for them is less. (just a ROM estimate - there are no absolutes so far). Most observers expect them to gain market value over this and the next year.

I think this Dealer is dreaming..  I can see a Vintage Z bringing $70K today as their number is limited. There are a lot of nicely Restored 240Z’s out there, and others are presently restoring more.

• Like 1