IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

On 4/10/2017 at 8:05 PM, Lumens said:

It finally got warm enough to get to the garage this weekend. I got the old front springs removed. Next I will install the new Vogtland springs I purchased..

Then move on to the rears and do the same. Temps have now moved back into the 40's. Hopefully I can get the fronts finished this week.

Well it finally got warm enough today to go back and finish the front springs. These are actually softer than what was on the car.

I think I will like these much better. No more loose fillings in my teeth. 

20170422_154501.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I replaced the brake booster today. I discovered a little over a week ago that it had gone south on me. It's so nice to have power assisted brakes again.

That's one of the hardest, most frustrating things I've had to do on mine so far. Congratulations on your power assist.

I thought about going to the  larger one but thank goodness the tight side of my brain took over. LOL

6 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

That's one of the hardest, most frustrating things I've had to do on mine so far. Congratulations on your power assist.

I thought about going to the  larger one but thank goodness the tight side of my brain took over. LOL

I replaced the booster and master cylinder on my 240Z before, so I have my technique down. :)

53 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I replaced the booster and master cylinder on my 240Z before, so I have my technique down. :)

You should add that info for the us, the novices.  Steve's Tech Tips.

It was fairly easy until the cabin side.  That was a royal pain for me.  I'm sure I did it the hard way because it was TOUGH!

Anyway I'll never do it again.  Now I have more money than sense,  which ain't a lot of either. LOL

• Like 1

21 hours ago, siteunseen said:

You should add that info for the us, the novices.  Steve's Tech Tips.

It was fairly easy until the cabin side.  That was a royal pain for me.  I'm sure I did it the hard way because it was TOUGH!

Anyway I'll never do it again.  Now I have more money than sense,  which ain't a lot of either. LOL

I did have to remove it from the car today to adjust the fork that goes to the brake pedal. The fork was too far in, so the brake light was on all of the time. The booster was in and out in about an hour. Once you have done it, the process gets a LOT faster. 

11 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I did have to remove it from the car today to adjust the fork that goes to the brake pedal. The fork was too far in, so the brake light was on all of the time. The booster was in and out in about an hour. Once you have done it, the process gets a LOT faster. 

I guess that makes you the Brake Master Master! :D

3 hours ago, Galaxybj said:

Not what I did today, but what I'll will be doing tomorrow.  Taking HLS30-23305 to Westminster, Co to have my Mikuni's dyno tuned by Jeff Winter, http://rallye-sport.com/.

I obtained the Mikuni's from Madkaw this winter and finally got them installed.  Now ready to get them tuned by a pro.

Looking forward to the drive tomorrow

20170502_175403[1].jpg

Let us know how it goes!

• Like 2

• Mike pinned and locked this topic