IGNORED

Ebay items out of Graham WA.

Terrapin Z

The package was in the Post Office today, a little mushed from coming all the way from Hawaii but the part looks fine. No damage! 

I was thinking of a Rubber washer or perhaps fender washers with some silicone or POR to seal it up. 

I am always game for new items the wife thinks will be a good idea. She had some mid 80's Recaro's  in an old 4 Runner she had before we met, I have her convinced we need to retro them into the Z.

Sake Kit Kats!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!! Those are awesome. Thanks Greg.

Do you think a little reinforcement will be needed on the underside? Thats quite a bit of leverage it has and the mounting points are small and might bend the floor if someone pushes their feet on it

hard. Just a thought. I've never looked at one that was installed from the factory.

Don't eat and drive. They might give you a breathalyzer test LOL 

12 hours ago, hr369 said:

Do you think a little reinforcement will be needed on the underside? Thats quite a bit of leverage it has and the mounting points are small and might bend the floor if someone pushes their feet on it

hard. Just a thought. I've never looked at one that was installed from the factory.

I was thinking the same thing, a large washer or flat bar brace for support. I looked up the part in the S30 parts book and they only show two flange nuts for mounting. I wonder if they had built in some reinforcement. They show the foot bar and nuts as "Optional"

12 hours ago, hr369 said:

Don't eat and drive. They might give you a breathalyzer test LOL 

HaHa

One thing i've noticed is Nissan sometimes leaves out the fine details in their drawings when they're covering a large area or lots of different parts. You have to drill down as far as you can in the manual until you can hopefully get a diagram that is more detailed.

Edited by hr369

30 minutes ago, hr369 said:

This is how they did it from the factory. Right side is just notched and left side has a cut out.  You can get welting on ebay and sew it on to keep the carpet from fraying

Thanks for the picture of it mounted. I was wondering if the mount tabs were on top of the carpet or under as you have shown. Looks better under the carpet. 

The other issue I see is the mount/pivot brackets are both going the same direction. Meaning it is set up for the left side of the car, and I am putting it on the right. 

I expect I will need to remove the pivot rivets and remount the pads the other way, to get it to sit as shown but in mirror on the other side of the car. 

Otherwise it will sit further away from the tunnel. Still need to work things out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update to the original post on this thread.  I was the successful bidder on the rear bumper and quickly got pushback from the seller after he went to UPS and they told him it would cost $120 to ship it intact.  I suggested he consider a two-box shipment - one box for the ends, one box for the center bar, then take it to FedEx or USPS as they would be cheaper.  He then said the little bolts broke as he removed the ends and I said OK as they are easily replaced.  Over two weeks after the purchase, two boxes arrived and what a mess!  There was far more rust than described on eBay and chrome was delaminating from one end piece.  Even worse, he removed the bumperettes by breaking the main bolts and broke one welded bracket on the center bar that attaches to the U-brackets on the body.  Lots of messages back and forth as he denied responsibility by claiming I was the one that told him to take it all apart.  Ultimately I resorted to the eBay dispute process and today they decided in my favor - ship it back and I'll get my money back.

For the record and any future eBay shoppers, the seller is mjj6875.  Beware of any items he offers.