IGNORED

Weber selection and initial jet tuning

blodi

Put in 165's. I kept the 230 airs.  I'll report back tomorrow or Monday with a log.  The AFR is 20.9 when I first plug in the Innovate and the car has been sitting for a day or more. So, that tells me it should be calibrated? 

Yes, all air filters are on and have stayed on through all testing. They are also brand new and should still be really clean. 

Great.  Thanks for reporting the details, it helps to rule out variables.  

No worries about the free-air calibration. It should be close.

Still it is difficult to understand the cause of these occasional  strange jumps in behaviour. Why the recent run has the rise in the middle part of the run is baffling.  The larger air jet should have leaned the top end like the 238 but not as much. Maybe it is atmospherics as SweatyBetty suggested. I guess more testing is needed. It sure is iterative.

Hopefully the new E tubes on the way will have different shapes with no hump in the middle. We could be simply battling an"F16"... and not the type that flies.

Edited by 240260280

Tried to take logs yesterday....running into a new electrical issue all the sudden.  AFRs' looked good up until about 5K (usual lean bump then hovering around 12.-7-12.9) The butt dyno suggested power felt really good. Then at ~5K the engine starts sputtering and the ignition fuse blows and  the tach/center gauges all die. :(

So...gotta figure that all out now. 

I have finally got my triples dialed in on my 70 Z with rebuilt L28, stock cam and flat top pistons.  

Thanks, Blodi, for posting your experience, it helped me a lot!  And a big thanks to 240260280 and Chickenman for all of their help over the last number of months, it helped make sense of these wonderful carbs!

Weber DCOE 40 151 current specs:

Venturis - 32 mm, auxiliary - 4.5 mm, float needle valve - 1.75 mm, idle jets - 50F9, main jets - 161 (drilled), air corrector jets - 200, pump jet - 50,                        pump exhaust - 00, emulsion tube - F16

I am running around 12.5 to 13.5 on acceleration, with 14.5 on highway cruise (with AFR gauge).  Idles very smooth at 850, but could go lower if I wasn't running AC.

Life is good ...

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

Edited by duffman
addition