IGNORED

Black Dragon Closing

Jeff G 78

Sorry to see them go, have not purchased from them for a while.  Spent $100 with them today though on some misc. parts for the silver 71 :)

Purchased the right & left door moldings with seal, the stainless part that has the rubber squeegee for the window, 11.95 each, wonder what the quality will be like.  We will see.   Had to get a door handle for 3.95 ;)

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to get a lot of misc nonsense parts to just wrap things up here and there, screws, clips...the pedal pads actually.  A few of the items I "needed" were back ordered :(

You think the larger items might come down even more towards the end of there year?  I just don't "Need" any of them now but if that price kept creeping down who knows.

1 hour ago, moelk said:

Damn!!

I want a rear chrome bumper without holes. But im in Sweden and they dont answer any emails regarding shipping.

Cant find a way to order and calculate the shipping on their site?

Hate to miss this deal!

Andreas

The final shipping cost on my order today got calculated right at the end of their process, just before you place the order if that helps.  My shipping cost actually dropped probably because my zip is fairly close to them.

Another possibility is if a member here is close to their location in  Lenexa, KS and could pick up the bumper packed by them & then ship it direct to you.

2 hours ago, EuroDat said:

I don't think it will be the deal your thinking of if they sent you a quote. I got a quote from them a couple of years back for some stuff. They were using UPS at yhe time, and it was way above what I was expecting. Ended up going by a member here.

Maybe a member on this forum can be your middleman to close the deal. I have a couple of members do it for me. A big THANK YOU for their efforts. Just going from fedex or ups to usps can make a big difference in shipping costs.

Pitty another vendor is stopping. It's bound to happen eventually, just sad to see it.

Best way is to put it in a container or something with somebody else, who is shipping parts or a car. Air freight is very expensive. One thing I don't understand is that they charge ALOT when shipping from the US > EU, but when I send the same package EU > US, I pay alot less here... I find it strange. Are they over charging us Europeans, to make an extra buck on shipping ? :blink:

1 hour ago, charliekwin said:

I just ordered a laundry list of seals and other bits and pieces, all for ~$200, which seems like a steal.  I know I'll need them eventually.  I'd like to put 240 bumpers on mine one day, but that's just too much to justify as an impulse buy.

Well, $380 for a set is well under the $1000 I paid for stainless steel bumpers about 3 years ago.

1. I snagged one rear bumper and a laundry list of other items.  I had both bumpers on my list, but they must have ran out.  It now says backordered.  I believe in good people, but having paid for a back ordered items which will never get ordered from a company closing down gives me the heebie jeebies.   My full seal kit got backordered too.   Sigh.  

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in a long time and I hope everyone is doing well!  I've never bought anything from Black Dragon before, but when I saw how low the close out prices are I had to take advantage of it! :)  Since I'll be restoring my '71, I'll also need to replace a lot of parts!  I spent 6 hours going through the catalog last night and filling up my shopping cart, and the got up at 3am to spend a few more hours shopping.  I was comparing prices with Courtesy Nissan and MSA Z Store before adding items to the cart.  Of course these sale prices are lower than OEM Nissan parts, but they were also less than MSA.  Since I've never bought parts from Black Dragon before I'm still leery about the quality, but I couldn't pass this up!  In total I bought $191.40 in parts and the shipping to my home in Iowa was $26.25.  Even last night there were parts I wanted, but they were already NLA or "back order", namely the emblems, window cranks, and passenger door pull.  Anyway, if anyone needs a US shipping address, which is close to Kansas, I'm willing to accept packages and send them on to you.  Also, if I wasn't using original bumpers on my Z with the bumper guards, I would have bought a pair of new ones!

Robert S.

I ordered a selection of seals, lenses, and more and found that most of the items in my basket were on back order when I went to checkout. Before checking out, I called to confirm that backordered items would never be filled and was told that was the case. If it says backorder, they are out of stock and will never have any more. I deleted the backorder items from the basket and completed the order for the remaining in stock items. Not much left, but good prices. There must have been a rush of orders that will resell later on eBay.

Dennis