IGNORED

Selling my beloved Z. Where to start?

HaZmatt

This car was a great build.  I would go with Bring a Trailer first, with a reserve set at $30K (nothing ventured, nothing gained).  If you have no luck there, you'll be stuck with eBay.  FWIW, I don't think that this is the right kind of vehicle for the big-name winter auctions in Arizona. 

GLWTS.

BaT will want to put a very low reserve on your car to ensure a sale, that's why I went the ebay route and got a sale price I was happy with, but ebay can be a very abrasive experience.  Also, BaT lists a lot of 240-280z's, some say their market is saturated resulting in an lower average price for the Z's they sell. I'm not slamming them, they are a good service and convenient.  There are lots of good buyers in Europe that have deep pockets.

Sorry to see your beautiful car go up for sale Matt.  If you go the Ebay route, someone here can submit it to BAT and you will get that additional exposure for free.  I submitted grannyknot's car & it was accepted.  Best of luck with your new business venture!

4 hours ago, Namerow said:

FWIW, I don't think that this is the right kind of vehicle for the big-name winter auctions in Arizona. 

I go to the Arizona auctions every year, since I live here. Whats the "right kind" of vehicle?

You mean like this one?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1975-DATSUN-280Z-HATCHBACK-117129

Edited by Consigli

1 hour ago, Consigli said:

I go to the Arizona auctions every year, since I live here. Whats the "right kind" of vehicle?

You mean like this one?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1975-DATSUN-280Z-HATCHBACK-117129

I'm guessing he means that usually the vehicles that go through BJ auctions are all original or rare. This Z is all original other than the panasports and it doesnt list the mileage but I am assuming its low. 

4 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Sorry to see your beautiful car go up for sale Matt.  If you go the Ebay route, someone here can submit it to BAT and you will get that additional exposure for free.  I submitted grannyknot's car & it was accepted.  Best of luck with your new business venture!

Thanks man.  I will let you know if I end up going that route.

27 minutes ago, HaZmatt said:

I'm guessing he means that usually the vehicles that go through BJ auctions are all original or rare. 

That's not true in any way shape or form. But I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if its totally wrong. 

I really wish you luck with your new business.
.... but I am truly sad to see you sell your car. I followed your build and lived the process with you it felt.
Wish there was another way for you to keep it. Hate to say it, but you will regret it one day.
Buying your car is a better proposition than finishing mine almost. Damm cdn peso just kills it for me though...

• Like 1

• bpilati locked this topic
  • Mike unlocked this topic