IGNORED

1970 Z432 For Sale - California

gundee

6 hours ago, Blue said:

$225k = $25k for the S30 and $200k for the engine and badges.

I think the $200k is mostly for the badges, if you look at the numbers for the s20 it's not really a very impressive engine, small displacement, very heavy, something like 440lbs and it only put out 130ftlbs of torque. What's all the fuss about? Nice badges though, worth every penny.

• Like 1

Reassuring to see the forum dimwits being dimwits. We can't be far from an 'LS-it' meme...

The "what's all the fuss about" viewpoint is half philistinism and half luddite. If a G-Shock tells the time more accurately, why would you ever buy a vintage Girard Perregaux? Why buy an oil painting when you can have a bubble-jet printed poster for next to nothing? If she can't tell the difference, you might as well give your wife a paste ring instead of wasting all that money on a real diamond.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HS30-H said:

Reassuring to see the forum dimwits being dimwits. We can't be far from an 'LS-it' meme...

The "what's all the fuss about" viewpoint is half philistinism and half luddite. If a G-Shock tells the time more accurately, why would you ever buy a vintage Girard Perregaux? Why buy an oil painting when you can have a bubble-jet printed poster for next to nothing? If she can't tell the difference, you might as well give your wife a paste ring instead of wasting all that money on a real diamond.

Allan, you can blather on all you like about the ephemerals of the 432 and your resort to your predictable and priggish insults but lets talk numbers. The 432 is a rare car, granted and so what? For a 1/4 million bucks you get a $20,000 car and a whole lot of ego. For that money you don't get any special performance or handling, you get the same as a mildly breathed on stock Z. 

Personally I'm not interested in the Emperor's clothing, you are welcome to his entire wardrobe, I'm interested in what is in his garage.  I'm also not interested in how easily a fool and his money is parted, I leave that to you as well. Myself and many other members here would appreciate it if you could simply ague the facts an stop with the petty insults.

Mike, as moderator, could you please go back through the last 30-40 posts that Allan has submitted and take note of all the belitting insults he has made to other members including the posts of his that you have deleted?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Allan, you can blather on all you like about the ephemerals of the 432 and your resort to your predictable and priggish insults but lets talk numbers. The 432 is a rare car, granted and so what? For a 1/4 million bucks you get a $20,000 car and a whole lot of ego. For that money you don't get any special performance or handling, you get the same as a mildly breathed on stock Z. 

Personally I'm not interested in the Emperor's clothing, you are welcome to his entire wardrobe, I'm interested in what is in his garage.  I'm also not interested in how easily a fool and his money is parted, I leave that to you as well. Myself and many other members here would appreciate it if you could simply ague the facts an stop with the petty insults.

Mike, as moderator, could you please go back through the last 30-40 posts that Allan has submitted and take note of all the belitting insults he has made to other members including the posts of his that you have deleted?

First of all, it's Alan. A-L-A-N. Got it?

Secondly, the name of this forum is classiczcars.com (got it?). If you don't recognise the PS30 Fairlady Z432 as one of the most desirable, rare and interesting iterations of the S30-series Z then maybe you are on the wrong forum?

If Mike is going to be looking back at anything he might want to take a peep at many of the recent posts from you and your sidekick (many of which have been, ahem, deleted...), which are often off-message, off colour and - in my opinion - more suited to the level of zcar.com than classiczcars.com.

My comments about philistinism still stand. It's hard to take seriously anyone who snorts "you get a $20,000 car and a whole lot of ego", and I wonder if you would like to point it out to the 432/432R owners who frequent this forum? Does the comparison still stand if the car in question is HLS30-00013?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Personally I'm not interested in the Emperor's clothing...

I'm also not interested in how easily a fool and his money is parted, I leave that to you as well.

By the way, I'm up for a proper discussion on the PS30 Fairlady Z432 if anyone else is. Informed, intelligent discourse - robustly presented - is always welcome. It might even pour over into a bit of philosophy (nothing means anything anyway, does it?) and there might be some mist and fog around the more nebulous edges of the topic, but we might actually get somewhere that the comments above won't take us to.

Your "Emperor's clothing" and "fool and his money" comments appear to be throwaway lines intended to stir up a discourse that you are ill-equipped to take an informed part of. Perhaps you should leave it to people who know what they are talking about, or whom are willing to learn?

• Like 1

Here, here to your reply to grabmyknot, Alan!  For what price does ignorance offer the world of opinion?  Shutter my word, I beseech thee, as I regret that I have but only one brake caliper to give for my Z!

I was hoping that we might have an intellectual conversation about the cross-flow headed monster.  I am so disappointed to read the remarks of disdain.  Yes, in fact, the PS30 does outperform the S30 to which it would be properly (intelligently)  compared.  It outperforms the HLS30 without having to be breathed on, and, the marque has racing provenance not equitably shared by the 240Z.

Finally, I completely disagree with the opinion that the basic car is worth only $20,000.

• Like 2

• Mike locked this topic