IGNORED

1971 240Z - 46K Orig Miles - Crashed

BMARKCO

Last Thursday, I was enjoying driving my Datsun down to Westminster.  I was stopped at an intersection when CRASH my car was hit on the rear passenger corner.  How depressing.  Anyways, the car was my baby.  It only has 46K original miles.  The suspension was in excellent shape (I stripped the paint and had the parts powder coated- very nice).  The body had a little rust, but not much.  This car lived most of it’s life in a garage.  I purchased most of my parts, like the anti-sway bars and the exhaust from Motorsport auto.  It has nice headers, Dual Weber Carbs, and an electronic ignition.  I don’t think that the body is repairable, but there are still lots of useful body parts.  The glass is all good as well.  The engine is in excellent shape.   Even the interior was in decent shape…before the accident.  (The other driver claims that she looked down for a moment just before she crashed into me).  I’m checking to see if you-all can help me put a value on the car as a parts car.  I have photos that I can share of the car before and after the accident.  It’s also helpful if you can help me to put a value on a car like this before the accident.  Any documentation is helpful ammunition to throw back at the insurance company.  Thank you, and I hope to be a Z-Car owner again soon. -Brad P.S. This crashed car is for sale.

20160819_114603.jpg

I realize the car is for sale but have you priced fixing it? It seems a shame to part out a solid car with low miles. Parts are available.

PM sent, I have the entire section (in orange) to repair it.

Edited by Mark Maras
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BMARKCO said:

P.S. This crashed car is for sale.

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Hope you are OK.   Such a tragedy when this happens, especially to someone who took such good care of the car.  Good luck with your venture to find another car and the future of this little gem.

Sorry to hear what happened sounds like your having to prove to her insurance how much it was worth which is a shame. Do you have pictures of the car before the crash? They might help with any evaluation. Sorry for your loss hope you're ok

3 hours ago, madkaw said:

Very fixable if you have amazing talent and a frame straightener and lots of time. That's hit hard

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

A few hours on the frame rack and that could be roughed out and ready for a new/used quarter.  Even at home i've pulled out some pretty kinked up quarters with my homemade I-beam and 20 ton ram.

I have seen people go to extremes to not show any collision damage but if he's willing to put up with a few bumps and waves in the floor then by all means its fixable with just a quarter panel and tail lite panel replacement.

js800_rear_clip_004.jpg

• Like 1