IGNORED

ZCON 2016 Pics (with love)

Site  ---

You bring up a very good point.  I'm the events coordinator for the Austin Z club and so have been very involved in the planning of this event for next year.  As it turns out, a number of us brought up this same suggestion for basically the same reason (heat) and we did consider doing something both earlier as well as later in the year.  A couple of reasons drove the decision to host it in June.  First, it was felt that doing it outside of summer would significantly impact the level of attendance that we would get as that tends to be a time when people take vacations from work.  Second, June in Austin is typically very nice and not like Memphis.  I was at the Memphis event and it was brutal especially given the high levels of humidity.  Typically Austin is not like this especially in June.  Over the last few years we have had great weather in June with temps in the 80's and 90's but with very low humidity.  I agree that July would have been closer to a Memphis experience (without the high humidity) and so that's why we targeted June. 

In any case, hope that helps to explain the thought process that went into this.

Hope to see a lot of you there next year.  It should be a fantastic event.

Mike.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hank240z passed us on the NB border last night heading for NS.  It was nice to meet again!

It was good to meet you and the other CZCC-er's at Z-Fest on Saturday.  Hope everyone arrives home safely.  Don't forget to post the group photo when you get a chance.