IGNORED

1 too many in the family

siteunseen

The 280 was like my high school car and my first car motor rebuild. Zero rust and I wouldn't hesitate driving it to Zcon in Canada. I prefer 240s but a 280 is a little more comfortable to drive. They're better long distant road trip cars and I'm planning on driving the Blues Highway in Mississippi this fall or winter. Plus being a grease monkey like I am that white interior has to go. LOL

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

The 280 was like my high school car and my first car motor rebuild. Zero rust and I wouldn't hesitate driving it to Zcon in Canada. I prefer 240s but a 280 is a little more comfortable to drive. They're better long distant road trip cars and I'm planning on driving the Blues Highway in Mississippi this fall or winter. Plus being a grease monkey like I am that white interior has to go. LOL

All I see on my screen is "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." 

;)

• Like 3

Maybe he meant $8000 Canadian dollars (which would be roughly $6K US)?

On the other hand, it's hard to find a good, rust-free S30 in these parts.  You and your cars offer a degree of being 'pre-vetted' and US $7000 isn't an extreme price.  This guy may be just trying for a knock-out bid so that he can bypass many of the unknowns that are usually part of shopping for and buying a rust-prone type of car from a distance.  I'd take the chance and hear him out.  Maybe keep it to email, though, until you get a better feel for what he's about.  We have just as many scam artists here in Ontario as there are in any other part of the world.

• Like 1

Tell him if he'll send you $700 Western Union that you'll hold it for 72 hours for him to get down here in person (... just don't give him *any* financial information or personal information and make up a name. I suggest "Iyainta Dumaz"). I had a guy that said he was in Arizona try to get me to send him money like that to hold a car. Turns out he didn't even have a Z ... he had just copied the pictures and description from another legitimate ad and posted it on Craigslist. I found the real ad posted at a car dealership ... same car down to the license plate. If your guy is a scammer, he'll wonder if he's dealing with another scammer! Personally, I would talk to the guy just to yank him around a bit ... maybe offer to go into business with him. I've had two instances looking to buy a Z where the deal was too good to be true and ... double-duhhh ... it wasn't true!

On the other hand, I bought my Z out of Austin Texas "siteunseen" and had it shipped to Alabama without ever meeting the owner. I felt pretty good that he was legit because he held the car for me for over a month and wouldn't take a deposit even though I offered one several times. 

Edited by Tomcat
  • Like 1