IGNORED

RHD Fairlady S30 gas pedal

hr369

On 11/15/2016 at 5:50 PM, sweatybetty said:

please keep me in mind

This is for your 240z?  Did you know that that syle clock (calendar clock) was made for 74-76 S30's and not the 240. 

In these pictures the calendar clock has 00125 printed on it and the middle clock is a stock jeco 240z clock.

The benzel would have to be changed and modified. The 240z benzel has 2 mounting screw in different locations whereas the calendar clock has 3 mounting screws.

Also, a new plexiglass lens would have to be used inside the old 240z benzel.Also, the 240z mount would have to be attached to the backside of the calendar clock.

The second photo is the calendar clock beside a 240z rally clock. Notice the calendar clock is a little longer too.

Now having said all that, I do believe a 240z rally clock housing could be used and not need any modifications. But those

things are few and far between nowdays. 

It would be a cool addition to a 240z because the clock fonts look very similar to the rally clock but it's a bit of work.  It wouldn't work for the purists

that only use parts that came with the car but i think it would look cool.

Oh and for those that seek perfection... the calendar clock only has a 31 day month.  For shorter months you have to advance it to the next day. LOL

Beautiful analog!
different-clocks.JPG

differnet-clocks2.JPG

clocks-compare3.JPG

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1

The Rally Clock Bezel is the same as the regular early Jeco bezel used on the standard 240z clock (or Fairlady Z-S) clock.

FYI: I've had a couple of the later calendar clocks modified to work in a 240z dashboad, the mounting points are different, but it's really the wiring that needs the most work. Since the later cars had a single loom plug. Where as the earlier 1 had a different power wiring loom to the light bulbs.

Also the Rally Clocks (twin knob) are bigger than a standard Jeco clock but there is no issues fitting the slightly larger gauges in the 240z dashboard. Not much behind to interfere with it, but it can be a pain to install if you don't remove the AMP/FUEL gauge, because the glovebox gets in the way.

Here is a Calendar clock modified to suit an early S30Z dashboard.

@zclocks did this for me. Great work as always. If I wanted the look of the Rally Clock, but didn't have the budget to justify 1 (and they are pretty expensive now). I'd do this in a heart beat. Looks great and is probably more reliable too! I'm just a stickler for the twin knob clock with the movable dial face and the hum of the oscillator. Geez that all sounds a bit rude.

cal-b.jpg

cal-f.jpg

cal-s.jpg

RC1-2f.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav240z said:

Here is a Calendar clock modified to suit an early S30Z dashboard.

@zclocks did this for me. Great work as always. If I wanted the look of the Rally Clock, but didn't have the budget to justify 1 (and they are pretty expensive now). I'd do this in a heart beat. Looks great and is probably more reliable too! I'm just a stickler for the twin knob clock with the movable dial face and the hum of the oscillator. Geez that all sounds a bit rude.

Speaking of oscillators, Eric was asking me if you've tried his oscillator yet

6 hours ago, hr369 said:

This is for your 240z?  Did you know that that syle clock (calendar clock) was made for 74-76 S30's and not the 240. 

In these pictures the calendar clock has 00125 printed on it and the middle clock is a stock jeco 240z clock.

The benzel would have to be changed and modified. The 240z benzel has 2 mounting screw in different locations whereas the calendar clock has 3 mounting screws.

Also, a new plexiglass lens would have to be used inside the old 240z benzel.Also, the 240z mount would have to be attached to the backside of the calendar clock.

The second photo is the calendar clock beside a 240z rally clock. Notice the calendar clock is a little longer too.

Now having said all that, I do believe a 240z rally clock housing could be used and not need any modifications. But those

things are few and far between nowdays. 

It would be a cool addition to a 240z because the clock fonts look very similar to the rally clock but it's a bit of work.  It wouldn't work for the purists

that only use parts that came with the car but i think it would look cool.

Oh and for those that seek perfection... the calendar clock only has a 31 day month.  For shorter months you have to advance it to the next day. LOL

Beautiful analog!
different-clocks.JPG

differnet-clocks2.JPG

clocks-compare3.JPG

yep, i would like to put it in the 240. keep me in mind

Ok, put the 240z benzel and a new lens on and replaced the 3 caps and transistor. Still need to braze on 2 ears from the 240z donor clock (pic 2)  where the benzel is held on and braze up some screw holes and attach the back mount. and paint it.  Unfortunately I'm sacrificing a 240z clock for every one I will convert.  How much is this clock worth to someone?  I've never seen one advertised.

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_2706 (2).jpg

There is 1 for sale on Yahoo! Auctions right now.

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j413012763

Although it says unverified working condition.

I had a fully restored Calendar Clock up for sale at $650 AUD (restored by Ron), didn't get much interest in it. So I've kept it. I won't give it away. Only getting harder to locate.