IGNORED

Just ordered some custom seat covers for the Z

Zedyone_kenobi

I talked with Mike just 5 days ago and everything was fine.

I ordered up a supply of original oil filters from him and had a good chat.

Mike would be my first choice for seat foam. I think Jim S. (S30Driver) ordered his seat foams from Mike when he re-did his seats in Interior Innovations leather last winter.

I second Mike W. regarding Chester and Herod carpet. Original purveyor's to Datsun, USA. Talk with Jim there at C&H. He is still there after all these years and remembers the whole thing of supplying the carpets when the 240Z first hit the market. Nice guy to talk with about the history.

Mike at Banzai sells a reproduction recliner mechanism cover also Zeddy.

I will try to contact Mike at Bonzai 

i looked closely at my carpets in the Z and they look rather good 

no fraying or tears or even discoloration 

I may stay the course with them and just shampoo them 

looks like I have original sticky Jute as well 

maybe just Dynomat and some POR for good measure 

• 2 weeks later...

I used www.interior-innovations.com

If I recall with shipping my order from them costs me 295 dollars.

That includes the stitching on the seams, the Z logo and adding the buttons on the seats

That also includes a leather shifter boot, and a leather matching E brake boot which now all match my seats.

All in all,I thought for the quality, everything was well worth it. I will take a pic of them in the car.

• Like 1

"Those do look amazing! If you don't mind, what did the upholstery guy charge you? "

Zedy, I think 73str86 was interested in the upholstery shop labor charge,   I too am interested so I can have some solace from the pain of doing that job myself.   They look great, I like the unique vent application.

Edited by S30Driver
spelling

Oops I can see that now 

He charged me 400 bucks to remove my old seats covers and put new foam on and install new seat covers.  He reinforced the springs and painted all the hardware black. I don't really feel that is outrageous as it probably took hm a couple of hours per seat 

Only took him one full day so I could have probably done it but just do not have any time anymore it seems.  Anyway happy with the results 

$400 sounds more than fair.  Buying the hog rings and pliers, foam, glue and other miscellaneous stuff is $50 alone.  It's definitely a DIY-able job, but took the better part of two weekends (strip, clean, prep, paint on the first; reupholster on the second) to get done.