cataloney

jdm 240z fender mirrors

i'm looking to buy fender mirrors genuine black long kneck for my 240z ,

anyone have them for sale?

or help me with parts number pls

thx

e81758345fcb58aa07b3388a742bcffa.jpg

Just found this: "The 240Z / JDM S30 etc., 1969 - 1973, fender mirror option has part numbers 96301-E4100 (RH) and 96302-E4100 (LH) - these are the black, round face mirrors. I have had stock of these and can confirm that appearance.
These mirrors continued into the 260Z / S30 models (late 1973 and onwards), but another option was added - part numbers 96301-N3400 and 96302-N3400."

http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19548

I also found this thread about some fender mirrors that look like the OEM wing mirror. They look a hell of a lot like the optional Nissan 1200 Sunny / 510 fender mirrors that pop up on eBay once in a while.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/11863-early-style-fender-mirrors-as-found-on-early-chassis-id-ie-up-to-hs30-1000/page-3

In that thread you'll find a link to a PDF with the short stalk ones I mentioned earlier (46 & 47): http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=145648

It also links to this thread that had a ton of part numbers: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/17034-a-theory-rhd-hs30-model-standard-exterior-rear-view-mirror-fitment/#comment-135797

Today i got offered a set of Original fender mirrors IN ORIGINAL NISSAN BOX...  what should i pay for these new (!!!) parts..  96301-E4100 and 96302-E4100   !!!   they are long stalk and dull black in color..

And while were asking questions.. has someone ever build in a R rear brake cylinder on the left side.. i have a set of R hand  RH  rear brake cilinders, with a little mod. could it work also on the Left side?  (a little work on the bottom plate to fit and bleeding it would be a little bit more difficult i think because the breather is pointing downward... oeps...

Obviously these are 2 RH cylinders...

IMG-20180122-WA0011.jpg

Today i got offered a set of Original fender mirrors IN ORIGINAL NISSAN BOX...  what should i pay for these new (!!!) parts..  96301-E4100 and 96302-E4100   !!!   they are long stalk and dull black in color..

Those mirrors are like a piece of artwork... some people would pay a lot, others not so much. It’s up to the person buying them as to what they are willing to pay.

For me, they are far too expensive for what they are. A part of the car that sees that much abuse, in a position that can easily be damaged, is no place for artwork. And on a scale of one to ten for functionality, they barely make a two....

I never cared for the look and most importantly their location on the fender is one more thing to have to work around. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JSM said:

I never cared for the look and most importantly their location on the fender is one more thing to have to work around. 

And you have your mirror(s) where, exactly...?

8 hours ago, HS30-H said:

And you have your mirror(s) where, exactly...?

On the drivers door. 

THANKS Guys,  i think... i think... i'm gona buy them... pfff...  they are new in the Original box..  (Thanks for the info!):)

Has anyone installed a brakecilinder RH  on the left side? (i have 2 new cylinders but are both RH)  can it be done with a little persuasion/fiddling?

5 hours ago, JSM said:

On the drivers door. 

And presumably you don't find it is "...one more thing to have to work around."..?

I have never found the factory-fitted fender mirrors on my cars to have got in my way. As with the mirror on your door, I just sub-consciously work around them.

Unless you find yourself walking into your door mirror all the time? 

• Haha 1

Moelk,  that's a lot of money for some mirrors man... wow..    I'm also thinking of .... when i buy this new set, am i gona use them on my restoration car?  it's almost a sin to use them huh?

6 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

Funny you say this...  When my Goldwing is in the garage there is a small path round my 240z (in the wintertime)  and often i have to re-adjust my door mirror (of the type "aftermarket" and not very steardy) because i hit it often when going through the narrow path..  mind you, there is no paint that i can scratch because it needs a new paintjob.... for years...  (the 240z will get a resto in the next 2-3 years i think..)

Yes they were expensive but the price was including shipping and import fees (I'm in Sweden) and on top of that the exchange rate sek to US dollar was in my favor.

But still it's a lot of money.

/Andreas

Yeah, a lot of money, luckily i don't have to pay any fees because they are here in this country.. :-)  They are so nice it's a sin to use them haha...

UPDATE... i just bought 2 fendermirrors 96301-E4100 and 96302-E4100  and a doormirror also Original nissan  96301-E4600

All three new in a Original box.. i just can't get any better...

IMG-20180122-WA0009.jpg

7 hours ago, HS30-H said:

And presumably you don't find it is "...one more thing to have to work around."..?

I have never found the factory-fitted fender mirrors on my cars to have got in my way. As with the mirror on your door, I just sub-consciously work around them.

Where you going with this? Did I rub a sore spot Because you like them and I don’t? Blondes or brunettes right ?

My opinion is the fender mirrrors are in the way compared to US mounted door mirrors. If it’s not to you great. I have zero issues if you like them on the fender. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JSM said:

Where you going with this? 

The same place you are, by the looks of things.

I get that you don't like the look of them (even if nobody asked...) but I don't agree that they "get in the way" any more than any other externally-mounted mirror does. And I own and use cars with both factory fender mirrors and factory door mirrors, so I think I know what I'm talking about.   

1 minute ago, HS30-H said:

The same place you are, by the looks of things.

I get that you don't like the look of them (even if nobody asked...) but I don't agree that they "get in the way" any more than any other externally-mounted mirror does. And I own and use cars with both factory fender mirrors and factory door mirrors, so I think I know what I'm talking about.   

Enjoy your brunette. I’ll stick with my blonde!

18 minutes ago, JSM said:

Enjoy your brunette. I’ll stick with my blonde!

As mentioned, I've got both.

Hopefully your blonde has matching collar and cuffs.

Does anyone know what no: 83 is?  is it needed when installing fendermirrors or is it just a rubber to support the fender? (Thought i ask you guys, not inventing the wheel twice..)

20180126_114450.jpg