IGNORED

Hello from across the pond! Searching for a 240z

Woody928

Woody, I've messaged him, he's on some pseudo world tour at present, UK, France, Scandinavia, then Far East I think, before returning home. I've asked him as to what he's got, let's see what he says. Very knowledgable guy where these cars are concerned. And good and straight. I can put you in touch with at least two other guys who have bought and imported. He did advertise a rust-free 240z a month or so ago which went pretty quickly (to mainland Europe) ...

I'm sure you'll be okay with some mods, but maybe not others, as regards getting the car imported under BTI.

i'd make it look as stock as it could for importation purposes.

On 6/14/2016 at 8:29 PM, uk66fastback said:

Woody, I've messaged him, he's on some pseudo world tour at present, UK, France, Scandinavia, then Far East I think, before returning home. I've asked him as to what he's got, let's see what he says. Very knowledgable guy where these cars are concerned. And good and straight. I can put you in touch with at least two other guys who have bought and imported. He did advertise a rust-free 240z a month or so ago which went pretty quickly (to mainland Europe) ...

I'm sure you'll be okay with some mods, but maybe not others, as regards getting the car imported under BTI.

i'd make it look as stock as it could for importation purposes.

Cheers man, much appreciated. Nice for some, sounds like great fun! LOL I'll wait to hear further from you...

Ok I'm glad to hear that, I'm assuming if its mot a mad or blatantly obvious modification then it'll be fine. Makes sense, I want to keep it period looking anyway so it'll be stock bodied with a few extras but they can always wait until the UK.  

15 hours ago, moelk said:

This one is for sale i Sweden (closer to you) its a friend of mine who is selling.

1971 if i remember correctly, 918 color, no rust, image.jpegimage.jpegL28 engine.image.jpeg

Have you got any more details of the spec? and a price? Also is it a series two car? 

Its a late 71.

It has a 5 speed.

us import ( Carlifornia car)

Passed inspections last week without any problems.

You can send him your questions on this adress:

lennart.linnefell@netatonce.net

//Andreas 

My apologies for the lack of response and activity on this thread, I've been away to France for Le Mans over the weekend and haven't had a chance to get online since. 

I've just agreed to buy an early series one car in 918 orange with the seller, just arranging deposit, shipping and final payment before the car makes a long journey from New Hampshire back to the UK! The car has an L26 engine but we decided it ticked too many boxes to ignore it and its possible that long term an L28 could be dropped in :-D

Here she is for those interested, a big thanks to everyone's for their advise on here. I plan on just getting it back and just using it before working out what choice modifications to perform on the car to get it to where i want it. Over the moon right now. I'll keep you all updated as to how things go. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-Datsun-Z-Series-/162012786167?cp=1&sojTags=exe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext&ext=32580&exe=12792&euid=0d2d3317e6dc471c851c656ace5e51a6&nma=true&si=bjszkkxYzeXwHPFMEx9gZmSRxWs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 6/16/2016 at 5:20 AM, moelk said:

Its a late 71.

It has a 5 speed.

us import ( Carlifornia car)

Passed inspections last week without any problems.

You can send him your questions on this adress:

lennart.linnefell@netatonce.net

//Andreas 

Hi Andreas, thank you for taking the time to post the information. Unfortunately being a series 2 car this wouldn't have been for me, however thank you for taking the time to share the information and details with me. 

Cheers, Mark 

Wonderful car and well bought buddy!

Welcome to the club of Z ownership. You have a splendid example to start with and far better than many of us started with.  I think you will enjoy her for Many many years to come. Hold on for a fun ride!  I look forward to seeing your progress and where you go from here.  That is a wonderfully honest looking Z.  With a lot of the correct mods already done.  Keep us posted!

Wonderful car and well bought buddy!

Welcome to the club of Z ownership. You have a splendid example to start with and far better than many of us started with.  I think you will enjoy her for Many many years to come. Hold on for a fun ride!  I look forward to seeing your progress and where you go from here.  That is a wonderfully honest looking Z.  With a lot of the correct mods already done.  Keep us posted!