IGNORED

Need a miracle!

Taxelson

Yessssss!

i connected the white wire and I have lights and the starter turns over, Bonnie lives, BUT.......

the headlights are dim, and the starter only barely cranks over, even with a jump?

okay you wizards, where to next??

thank you, thank you all.

Troy

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, Taxelson said:

the starter only barely cranks over, even with a jump

That could be the timing.  See where the rotor is pointing at TDC.

EDIT: I say this because I just rebuilt mine too and set the "static" timing by lining up the rotor to the line on the cap thats shows where the #1 post is under the cap then turn the distributor until the reluctor and stator tips line up.  It cranked up right off the bat.  Then after getting my other small stuff adjusted properly I set the timing with a light to 10 degrees before BTDC.  Now I've slowly worked my way up to 15 BTDC.  It seems to run best there.

8.jpg (65787 bytes)

60.jpg

16 hours ago, Taxelson said:

the headlights are dim, and the starter only barely cranks over, even with a jump?

It's not good for an alternator to use your alternator to charge a dead battery.  You should charge the battery before trying to start the car.  One dead battery + one charged battery = one partially-charged battery.

Siteunseen, I somehow snipped it off when I pulled the engine, but I did get the wires in the correct place, I suppose I should order, or find a replacement, good point.

i did replace the battery, and it cranks over as it should.  Someone asked if I added any parts in the rebuild.  Yes, I upgraded the coil, tonight I'm going to make sure it is correctly installed, hoping to get Bonnie started!

thanks for all the guidance.

Troy