IGNORED

RIP John Coffey

Jeff G 78

28 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

This is the worst, John had so much knowledge. When I first came to this forum I picked up pretty quickly that if John Coffey said it, you could take it to the bank. Big loss.

John C is one of only two people that I can think of that is so frequently right, that I simply don't question what he says. And I can't think of anyone in the community with more (accurate) knowledge on building a Z to go fast. I also appreciated the fact that his posts were accurate, with no bullshit, but not rude or mean.

Big loss indeed, and a massive understatement at that. Rest in peace.

Terrible news. I haven't been part of the community for long, but like others here have said, I quickly learned that if John said it, that was good enough. I've learned a great deal from his posts here and elsewhere and am grateful for all the contributions he's made. Wherever he may be, thanks John. Drive on

Sad to say I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but he was more than helpful across the forum and took the time to answer some very straightforward questions when I was more green than I am now. Shame to lose a fellow Z enthusiast... RIP

Sorrow for the loss of another great contributor of knowledge and insight about the Z car we all love and share.

For John, and all of us,  "Life is a Journey. Enjoy the ride." 

Ride on, John. Ride on. 

Devastating news for his family.  He will be missed by many. Seems he passed doing what he loved. 

Sometimes I hate this place as it allows me to only touch a few of the good souls that live "here" without really knowing them. John was one of those. We were just bantering about Datsun development and values over on hybridz with great respect about differing opinions. I smiled again as I knew he enjoyed (tolerated?) my ribbing even though we've never met. 

Now if we can all use this terrible event to help us remember what's really important....

Echo everything above I really liked johns posts on the internets Z community .   I will miss you JOHN

I have rode a bike since I was a kid. I remember blowing oil on the pants of the women at the drivers test when got my operators license at age of 15.

About 5 years ago I sold my last bike because of close call .

Bless John and his family.

BGM