zcardepot.com

Door Locks 77-78 280Z *NEW PRODUCT*

I'm no expert on the locks, but from what I've seen there are:

a)  two different actuator arm shapes (70-76, and 77-78)
b)  and two different hole shapes where those arms clip onto the back of the cylinders

And obviously the shape of the hole in those arms must be matched to the shape of the post sticking out the back of the cylinder.

Now, as for the shape of that hole? I believe it comes down to... "Old original (which I will uneducatedly refer to as "D" shaped)", and "Newer aftermarket (which I will refer to as "hourglass" shaped) ".

I believe there were only two versions of those cylinders out there floating around. Those with the "D" shaped post sticking out the back, and those with the "hourglass" post. And if your cylinders (even if they are pre-77) are Nissan NOS, I bet they have the "D" shaped posts out the back. Is that the case?

I believe as long as you're putting "D" shaped arms on "D" shaped cylinders, you're good.

Here's a pic of some original locks with the "D" shaped post:

P1140570.JPG

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

And if your cylinders (even if they are pre-77) are Nissan NOS, I bet they have the "D" shaped posts out the back. Is that the case?

Yes, my NOS pre '76 ones are the "D" shape on the arm, and post. So...,

I think someone else on this thread put the "repro" arms on his original '77-78 locks, by some filing to fit. So, I maybe able to put my pre '76 locks together with my '77-78 arms.... correct?

Thanks

Yes, that's what I meant when I said as long as you're putting "D" shaped arms on "D" shaped cylinders, you're good.

In other words... You should be able to simply move your 78 "D" arms over to the 76 "D" cylinders. You're done.

I don't think you need to file anything.