IGNORED

1970 Z for sale

GeoJoe1

Alberta car

Manuf. in '69

S/N 00072, Engine L24 2192.

Missing: original carbs, transmission, original steering wheel, bumpers. Seats. Rear brackets have been modified for Jeep bumperettes.

Added: 3 piece rear spoiler, louvres, front air dam, 2nd rear hatch piston.

Everything else original including engine. I have all the original pieces, markings, etc

Metal all very good. Many extra/duplicate parts, (Quikor front swaybar and 2+2 rear swaybar). Rear glass is clear. Front dash has no cracks.

Garaged since '86. Other than front glass being attached, the car is stripped and ready for final pre-paint touch ups.56dda28b0660a_20160221_171558-Copy.thumb

20160221_151547 - Copy.jpg

20160221_170815.jpg

20160221_171045 - Copy.jpg

20160221_171118 - Copy.jpg

20160221_171754 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

I have the door jamb plate and the dash Vin

Both Were s/n 00060 and engine # 2215

This is how I bought the car in '83

I suspect the car # 00060 was wrecked and the prev owner bought its pristine dash.

I did not know that the actual stamp on the firewall had a 00072 number

Engine compartment plate matches the #60 with  a '69 production year although I need to rummage through some boxes to find it- I am waiting for warmer weather.

When I bought it, there was no evidence that the identification plates were changed or tampered with. In any case, 060 or 072 its still a 69 year with original 69 parts as listed.

Any reasonable offer... I want to sell it no later that May. I would say not many project cars in this shape and from '69 are left out there...price accordingly. It's a gem, ready to transform into a rare diamond.

Cheers, Chris

• Like 1

People can call me at  416 2019564

I am not a Z purist. I bought the car cause it was a first run model and I wanted to tweak its performance a bit. I loved the styling except for the dinky bumpers. The side 240z insignia are instantly recognizable as a "70 model year. That's the ticket. I sincerely doubt that anything except the dash was replaced for the pristine 00060 vin. I assume he previous owner was just lazy and found it easier to stick those engine compartment an door jamb plates on. Still, it is what it is. And it's obviously rare.

• Like 1

Only curious.  cbuczesk asked about the title VIN number but you didn't answer.  Down here in the States most DMV's (Dept.'s of Motor Vehicles) do a VIN check by looking at the dash VIN.  So if the dash VIN doesn't match the title whoever buys it will need to jump through a bunch of hoops.  If you don't have the title, still many hoops required.

The dash vin doesn't really matter. This has been discussed for years on the mopar boards. The number stamped on the firewall is what matters. A cop, dmv, inspection station, etc. might look at the dash vin first. In PA they want either a pencil tracing of all vin locations or they will inspect the car for all vin stampings. If any vin differs from what's on the firewall then you have a problem. The title doesn't match the firewall vin then you don't own that car. If seller here has a title for #60 then he owns that car and not the one for sale here. Trying to get that into the states and titled would be a major headache if possible. But maybe he has the title for #72. In that case I'd ditch everything for #60 and sell it as-is with the #72 documentation.

Chuck