zcardepot.com

New Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit 70-78 240Z 260Z 280Z

Looks like a very nice and affordable setup.  I went with the Arizona Z setup and it is very well made but on the expensive side as compared to this one.  I also opted for their e-brake system as well which uses a different adapter plate as well as a small mechanical caliper.  It is a pretty clever design, but the implementation of how to actually actuate the e-brake is left to the user.  I first attempted to use the OEM cable, but to no avail.  Just could not find a way to make it work without it looking like a kluge.  I ended up having to make some special brackets and use an aftermarket Lokar cable.  Works pretty well but you are on your own in order to get it to work properly. 

How did you handle the e-brake on your system??

Mike.

• Like 1

This kit bolts up nicely and is based on the Maxima caliper.  The factory E-brake cable fits in the bracket that comes with the caliper.  Depending on the year of your car the hole in the bracket might need to be modified slightly.  Once the cable fitment in the bracket is completed the E brake is functional, nothing else is needed.  

We put this kit together targeting people looking for an inexpensive way to do away with the drum brakes and the increasing cost of maintaining the drums.  

Ryan

• Like 3

These are like 87 maxima.  Very hard to find new or reman calipers.  Our Latest kit has switched to the 240SX caliper for availability.

That’s the direction I’m heading. I’m ordering the brackets but not sure on the length for the stainless hoses. The other issue  is there looks like some type of harness on the middle of the hose. Some illustrations for the 240sx show them with and without the sleeve.

Ryan, speaking of modifying the bracket, The diameter seems ok the thickness of the bracket seems to be the issue I’m having. Is this what you were referring to? I have a 78 S30. Looks like I need to grind off about 1/16” where the clip will install correctly. Also the hardware kit for the 240sx caliper has two aluminum “ horseshoe clips”. Is that a shim that’s needed?

john