IGNORED

Who's been MIA?

Marty Rogan

10 hours ago, Mike said:

I want to know what's happened to @Kyle, @go z racer, go, @hls30.com, @beandip, @2ManyZs, @billcapp, @Ken, @SoCalZ, @ron carter, @byunique, @kmack, @Mr Camouflage, @Victor Laury, @Gav240z, @Z-point, @zfreak72, @mmagnus, @V8-240Z, @hmsports, @zztom, @Saint, @mperdue, @JLPurcell, Thomas Bond, etc etc etc...

Sorry about the list, if you are or not on it...  I just went through a lot of the early registrations since we moved to the very old site back in 1999.  I was also trying to remember some of the very active people back in the day ~10-15 years ago.

I know that Victor Laury is good, so is hls30.com.  I also heard from billcapp tonight.

Jerry Lynn did some excellent artwork for us, and Thomas Bond did our logo.

All of these gents are MIA... hopefully they get the email from the tags I put in above and let us know they are OK.

Mike

@Z train, @grantf, too.  Great guys, Grant was getting married and rode motorcycles in the Seattle area.  Really hope he's okay, motors are dangerous now more than ever thanks to the damn "smartphone".

EDIT: Idiots using "smartphones" while driving.  I love my "smartphone" :D

Hi All !!!:

Still around bet not quite as involved as the past 15 years. Still have Silver Bullet 1972 240Z, however, many will be pleased to hear that I have retired her from competition !! As a batter who has 60 consecutive hits, the competition has been getting harder each year. So, I retired her with 60 consecutive wins and only display her on Boston (Town days and parades, polo matches). Mostly with the Larz Anderson Auto Museam.No more hearing, "Oh no, here comes ken with the Silver Bullet...Whats the use!!! ".

I have added to my stable with a 2011 370Z coupe with all the goodies. It has the sport package as well as 7 speed manual transmission as well as automatic (allowed as I approach my 83 birthday). I have showed it 4 times. Two in Ct. and two in NJ shows and it way awarded ist place in all four shows......the beat goes on!

Health issues have courtailed some of my activities but I'll continue as long as I have. Thanks guys for remmembering me!!

1972 Datsun 240Z

2011 Nisson 370Z

Ken Lewis

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I talked with him over the phone about a month ago.  He has some home projects going on, or he did.  Knowing him they are finished and he has documented the work he did.  It was getting cold and he needed to get the work done before the ground froze.

I got a voicemail from Philip. All is well.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Mike said:

I want to know what's happened to @Kyle, @go z racer, go, @hls30.com, @beandip, @2ManyZs, @billcapp, @Ken, @SoCalZ, @ron carter, @byunique, @kmack, @Mr Camouflage, @Victor Laury, @Gav240z, @Z-point, @zfreak72, @mmagnus, @V8-240Z, @hmsports, @zztom, @Saint, @mperdue, @JLPurcell, Thomas Bond, etc etc etc...

Sorry about the list, if you are or not on it...  I just went through a lot of the early registrations since we moved to the very old site back in 1999.  I was also trying to remember some of the very active people back in the day ~10-15 years ago.

I know that Victor Laury is good, so is hls30.com.  I also heard from billcapp tonight.

Jerry Lynn did some excellent artwork for us, and Thomas Bond did our logo.

All of these gents are MIA... hopefully they get the email from the tags I put in above and let us know they are OK.

Mike

I am glad to hear Victor Laury is doing well as he was in poor health from what I gathered. I recall his Roadster was raffled off to

help with health expenses. I sent money but never heard who won the car. The site was taken down and I never heard a word.

Anybody know more?

Hi all..still around with my Zcar. Every summer I think I will do more with the car but time flies and then with winter the car get put away. Changed from zztom plate to ZBISCUIT being in horse racing country.

zbiscuitscan.jpg

• Like 2

Just wanted to say thanks to Mike for thinking of all us "old guys" from back in the day!

While I don't visit the site anymore, I'm still alive (although I wonder sometimes while I'm working)!  I spend the majority of my time working in the Eagle Ford trying to make a living. It's good money but takes up a lot of time. 

The Z was sold about 8 yrs ago. As the family grew older, it was harder and harder to stay involved with the racing I was involved in (autocross), and I needed a new hobby that included my wife and kid more. I had also gone thru 2 layoffs in about a 4 yrs time frame and just didn't have money to put into the car. I had quit driving the Z and I hated seeing it sit in the garage waiting to rot away from neglect. Having spent 8 yrs building it up from a shell, there was no way I was going to just watch it sit. So I sold it to a local friend of mine that was wanting a Z to drive while his own '72 240 was being worked on.  I still get some quality "visitation time" with my old car from time to time. 

As for the new hobby? I moved over to Seadoos for a few years and now onto recreational boating. We also are on our 3rd RV for camping. We try to spend a weekend every month at a local lake with the motorhome and the boat making the most of the few years we have left with our daughter before she graduates high school and leaves for college.  I've got less than two years left now. 

Oh, my daughter and I also try to spend every chance we get hunting and fishing together. That's the one thing we both have fun doing together. I couldn't ask for a better hunting/fishing buddy!

Sometime in the future I may try to get another Z....  This site will be the first place I go to if that time ever comes. Only time can tell. 

As as for some of the other old guys, I still stay in touch with gmoisant (Gary).  I used to be in touch with 2Manyzs (Keith), but I lost contact with him over the last couple years. Not sure where he is at anymore. 

Y'all keep the rubber on the road and the old Z's running!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kmack said:

Just wanted to say thanks to Mike for thinking of all us "old guys" from back in the day!

While I don't visit the site anymore, I'm still alive (although I wonder sometimes while I'm working)!  I spend the majority of my time working in the Eagle Ford trying to make a living. It's good money but takes up a lot of time. 

The Z was sold about 8 yrs ago. As the family grew older, it was harder and harder to stay involved with the racing I was involved in (autocross), and I needed a new hobby that included my wife and kid more. I had also gone thru 2 layoffs in about a 4 yrs time frame and just didn't have money to put into the car. I had quit driving the Z and I hated seeing it sit in the garage waiting to rot away from neglect. Having spent 8 yrs building it up from a shell, there was no way I was going to just watch it sit. So I sold it to a local friend of mine that was wanting a Z to drive while his own '72 240 was being worked on.  I still get some quality "visitation time" with my old car from time to time. 

As for the new hobby? I moved over to Seadoos for a few years and now onto recreational boating. We also are on our 3rd RV for camping. We try to spend a weekend every month at a local lake with the motorhome and the boat making the most of the few years we have left with our daughter before she graduates high school and leaves for college.  I've got less than two years left now. 

Oh, my daughter and I also try to spend every chance we get hunting and fishing together. That's the one thing we both have fun doing together. I couldn't ask for a better hunting/fishing buddy!

Sometime in the future I may try to get another Z....  This site will be the first place I go to if that time ever comes. Only time can tell. 

As as for some of the other old guys, I still stay in touch with gmoisant (Gary).  I used to be in touch with 2Manyzs (Keith), but I lost contact with him over the last couple years. Not sure where he is at anymore. 

Y'all keep the rubber on the road and the old Z's running!

Hey Kmack,

Good to hear you and the family are doing well.

I went through a period where I did not have a Z for 11 years.  Then the latent Z-Bug re-emerged and I ended up buying two of them.  I suspect you will have another Z in your future at some point.

I too was communicating frequently with Gary and Keith.  I am glad to hear Gary is still kicking.  I sent him a PM a while ago, but have not heard back from him.  The last I heard from Keith was about 3+ years ago.  He got dis-enchanted with this site for some reason, and we kept in touch through email.  He still had his Z, but was getting more interested in trucks.  He had injured his leg at work, which was slowing him down.  As far as I know he is still living in Virginia.

Stay in touch with us once in a while!

Marty

Argh, my ears are burning!  (Captain told me y'all were wondering where I've been.)

I'm sorry I've been such a stranger, but life really threw us a curve ball.  My partner of 15 years was diagnosed with melanoma -- a rather advanced one with a pretty awful prognosis.  I dropped everything like a hot potato and went into research/advocacy/treatment/support mode.  It's been a hell of a ride so far. The good news is that she's getting the care she needs from the best in this part of the country.  Surgery went well, and the surgeon MIGHT (!! maybe !!) have gotten every trace of the cancer -- about a  50% shot.  We're shooting for 2020, the 5-year mark, which will be our 20th together.  If we can make it that far, we've probably got the thing licked.  If she has a recurrence before then, it's going to be a heck of a fight, but one that can actually be won if we are lucky.

My Z apparently isn't doing as well.  It's been mostly sitting, and you know what happens to cars that sit.  I started it up to evacuate it from this coming storm (as we will be having some tidal flooding).  The first part of the trip was OK, but the last part ended on a tow truck.  Felt like an intermittent electrical problem with the EFI.  I'm guessing it might be corroded contacts in the fuel injection relay, for a number of reasons.  No time to diagnose, so the car now sits in the driveway at our new(to us) house, to be moved into the garage as soon as I can clear boxes.  My back-log includes an oil change on our new-to-us Mazda CX-7, which has become our highway cruiser for our frequent trips for cancer treatment; and a speedometer cable on the Miata, which I probably won't replace until the spring.  Ah yes, and then there's the sailboat, which actually takes top priority before any of that, except for the oil change.  I've got to reqire the nav lights.  Yeah, life just fell apart on us, but we're struggling our way back.

Edited by FastWoman
  • Like 3