IGNORED

69-73 240z Original

oemz

Here are few pics. Current plans are to have the valve cover de-chromed, triple carb setup, zinc plating a few of the hardware and laminate the coil cover black with vinyl. Otherwise, the engine bay is pretty mint

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful Z Steve. I've seen pictures of your car on the internet while searching for one and admired it very much. Your engine bay is immaculate, factory looking and how I prefer mine to be.

I've just came to the conclusion that I want a Z I can drive and enjoy without worrying too much about how original everything is. I already have a 1988 300zx Turbo Shiro SS with 8k miles and a 1991 300zx Twin Turbo with 15K miles that fulfill that, and I can't enjoy them as much other than a few shows throughout the year. 

I don't know, looking at your engine bay now just makes me now want to go all factory with the right plating, factory Airbox, etc. and make it look correct. I love that also. We'll see.

Yes, it was in San Jose, Ca. I flew out there and drove it back to LA. I believe this car belonged to a member here prior to the person who I bought it from. It was also once sold on Barret Jackson from my research.

Thanks to all for the positive comments.

Edited by oemz
  • Like 1

The white and blue combo is fantastic in my opinion and very rare! The only combo more rare appears to be 903 Blue with Blue interior to suit. Sadly I've never seen an AU market car in that combo.

Glad you ditched the mirrors and looking at de-chroming the valve cover. :)

Thank you Gav.

I already installed the mirror and very happy with the outcome.

I'm taking it for an early drive tomorrow morning and will probably stop by the Cars & Coffee, so I'm excited.

Patcon,

I'll double check when I get home. I'm looking for more of a raw aluminum finish personally so I might have it hydro blasted depending on the finish.

Thanks.