IGNORED

Source for whole quarter panels

hr369

I would probably fab my own for $1400 a pair. I could either buy a small brake of have someone brake them for me then add all the holes and captive nuts. Then I could use what ever gauge I wanted. The quarters are a little harder to make your own, but I can still find salvageable ones near me or even buy one from the west coast. So as much as I would like to have them here waiting on a project I have to take a pass.

Now if Blue needs them, he put ship them home. They are series one quarter panels, no vent hole...

Those can't be the last set of NOS quarters on the planet. I have a set or two and I think two sets NOS frame rails and a radiator support and front inner fenders and...

Chuck

Ah ha... we flushed a hoarder out of his lair...  Lets make a deal....

You had better sell them to me  before futofab starts stamping them and their value gets a 50% haircut.

Edited by hr369

I would probably fab my own for $1400 a pair. I could either buy a small brake of have someone brake them for me then add all the holes and captive nuts. Then I could use what ever gauge I wanted. The quarters are a little harder to make your own, but I can still find salvageable ones near me or even buy one from the west coast. So as much as I would like to have them here waiting on a project I have to take a pass.

Now if Blue needs them, he put ship them home. They are series one quarter panels, no vent hole...

Lots'o work there.  78100-E4100 is the part #  

Edited by hr369

I didn't check the part number against the Datsun part list but the seller said they don't have vent holes, early style....

Thru 12- 1970

Left 78101- E4600

Right 78100- E4600

Up from 12-1970

Left 78101- E8300

Right 78100- E8800

Edited by Patcon

I didn't check the part number against the Datsun part list but the seller said they don't have vent holes, early style....

Is that the only difference?  if you welded up vent holes on newer quarters you've got the same thing?

i've got a jdm fairlady fiche. i will check that number.

Edit According to the fairlady fiche they fit the L20 model  S30 (Chuki - 10/71-8/75) Eng: L20

So yes,  a very old set of quarters.

post-23403-0-86351200-1449891127_thumb.p

Edited by hr369

Thru 12- 1970

Left 78101- E4600

Right 78100- E4600

Up from 12-1970

Left 78101- E8300

Right 78100- E8800

Different set of parts numbers. But i'de bet it fits with little modification to a usa car.

Edited by hr369

This seller is also offering a number of other S30 parts, including:

• 280 crank
  • 280 cylinder head (complete)
  • S30 NOS inner rear quarter panels (both sides - B-pillar + front half of wheel arch)
  • S30 NOS roof rear frame (includes hinge pockets for hatch)

No frame rails, though.

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2015 at 0:08 AM, hr369 said:

Pretty sure I tried bidding on those, had to give up when they exceeded $5,000 AUD for the pair... but it would have taken care of 30% of the car rust wise (in my mind) and with the cost of a good panel beater that's probably not a bad deal! Still there was shipping and taxes on my end I had to factor in also. So I let them go, to some regret at the time.

I just found another NOS 1/4 however:

https://goo.gl/photos/L4u3rC8JCNevTX9y8

Which I promptly bought (even thought I'm broke) and am having shipped to Australia. I've come across a couple of LHD (drivers side panels) but this was the first (RHD) (driver side panel).

It is a much needed part for HS30 00051 which had a minor love tap on it's bottom many years ago!
http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/15913-project-51-in-907-green/

post-1-0-37389800-1489149897.jpg

I'm sure the original panel could be fixed, but I actually think buying NOS works out cheaper than repairing a panel in worse shape and the finish is almost always better!

NOS panels are still out there, just gotta be patient and snap them up when they become available (not when you've got the money) haha.

• Like 2