IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

Sweaty, it's very nice work you are doing, your giving me some ideas, but I gotta say, inline fuses?

Maybe its just me but I always think of inline fuses as a stop gap measure until I can address it properly. You'll never get a better chance to make it right than now. Maybe a small pony fuse panel near by on the upper kick wear the horn relay was. Love those reset beakers.

Chris

16 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Sweaty, it's very nice work you are doing, your giving me some ideas, but I gotta say, inline fuses?

Maybe its just me but I always think of inline fuses as a stop gap measure until I can address it properly. You'll never get a better chance to make it right than now. Maybe a small pony fuse panel near by on the upper kick wear the horn relay was. Love those reset beakers.

Chris

the inline fuse is, i think, the best solution since there is no fuse in the main panel except for the headlights, which in turn feeds the parking-tail lights. i could have added another small fuse block but that would put it up under the dash, which is something im trying to avoid. to me, these do what i need, are easily accessible and they have this cool little light that comes on if the fuse blows.

22 hours ago, jwtaylor said:

The some types of black electrical tape adhesive will turn to a nasty sticky goo when exposed to some types  of wire insulation, oils and heat.  It may not be a problem here but I have had to repair and clean up that sticky mess before, not fun.  Quality tape is worth the cost.

i agree. i was able to find good tape locally, but the type the factory uses i would have to order on-line. seems like everything is going that way. order it, pay shipping and then wait. hopefully, i never have to dig into this harness and deal with that stick mess.

I've found Scotch brand at Lowes hardware to be the best around here. It's not too stretchy when you go to tear it after wrapping. It cost a good bit more than the "logs" of tape but it comes in it's own plastic case which I use for electrical crimp fittings in my bag of electrical stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

i finally found a dash, so i now have all the dash wiring done. i ended up with 2 connectors near the left fresh air vent with a total of 9 wires feeding the gauges and lights. the only other connector is for the heater.

100_1782.JPG

100_1783.JPG

100_1788.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

i got a little side-tracked about since my last post. i decided to spend a day cleaning the shop after the cold weather was over. that led to a 4 week project.

100_1789.JPG

100_1801.JPG

100_1802.JPG

100_1803.JPG

all of this stuff was in the way, so adding on 12x20' to the back of the shop gave me some working room:D

100_1804.JPG

• Like 1

10 steps forward, 5 steps back. ive been powder-coating all the door parts and trying to get everything ready for weatherstripping. for some reason, the right hand door would not line up correctly no matter what i did. it turns out that the door was 1/8" longer than the drivers door. so..........5 steps back. all after spending the past week and a half buffing and polishing.

100_1825.JPG

this door lines up perfectly with no shims. the other had 4 and was still off

100_1826.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty

• 2 weeks later...

this car didnt have much of the weatherstipping when i bought it, so im not exactly sure where all the new parts go.

is this the correct spot for the hood-to cowl?

100_1834.JPG

and does this go at the back of the door between the window channel and door?

100_1837.JPG

thanks all   sb

10 minutes ago, sweatybetty said:

this car didnt have much of the weatherstipping when i bought it, so im not exactly sure where all the new parts go.

is this the correct spot for the hood-to cowl?

100_1834.JPG

and does this go at the back of the door between the window channel and door?

100_1837.JPG

thanks all   sb

That's a "yes" to both.  Looking really good!

things are moving along nicely now

new tunes. this deck is like brand new. $75

100_1839.JPG

found a new windshield, Jeff from Novus Glass came out today, $227 installed, i had the new gasket. i highly recommend Novus, great people!100_1845.JPG

100_1846.JPG

100_1847.JPG

steering wheel re-finished

100_1851.JPG

front dash trim painted and in after glass. this was kind of a PITA

100_1850.JPG

new mirrors came friday!!!

100_1854.JPG

100_1855.JPG

got the door glass and new weatherstripping in today.

100_1856.JPG

100_1857.JPG

all the bolts are powder-coated black. i like the black against the red

100_1859.JPG

more weatherstripping

100_1860.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty
  • Like 1