IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

I am thinking the same.

I was originally thinking of painting the bottom of the car on the rotisserie, then installing suspension etc before dropping it back on the ground to do the remainder of the body work etc. Looking at it now, it makes more sense to paint the entire interior and engine bay while on the rotisserie then dropping it down.

Sweaty's pics look very encouraging!

I did it the latter way. Sound deadened the interior and underside after priming, then "jambed" the car out on the rack (interior, ceiling, under the car, cowl area, door jambs, door interiors, hatch interior areas and engine bay). I am still working on finish painting the suspension. Then run all the lines under the car add suspension then put it on the wheels. Do most of the assembly then  finish paint. That means less chance to mess up the fresh paint, hopefully...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wheee! said:

Very nice! Did you stand in the engine bay to get all the nooks and crannies or just lean in? So many hidden areas I am concerned on getting good coverage when I do mine.

not with the paint but i did when doing the primer. not a good idea. i managed to hit the fresh primer with the hose and my backside a few times.

with this paint, i did it from the outside. it was a pain, but i came out ok. the rest of the car should be a breeze!

Edited by sweatybetty
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Patcon said:

Do most of the assembly then  finish paint. That means less chance to mess up the fresh paint, hopefully...

i have been debating that very thing. i think im going to paint all the parts and then assemble. probably get some scratches and chips, but they can be fixed.

my biggest worry is getting the majority of the car painted before it gets warm and the bugs start waking up.

I have a plastic paint booth sort of like you have with a fan and filter set up so bugs aren't normally a problem. I don't want to paint the car in pieces because I have been told the shading may not be right if I don't lay down the same amount of paint on all the panels. Since I don't paint a lot I have a better shot at painting the car assembled so the variations from panel to panel are minimized. So the car will be 90% complete when I spray the outside...

• Like 1

had a good day today

for some reason, photobucket isnt letting me post links

base coat first 3 pics, then clear. i do have a bit of dust that will need to be taken care of, but after that it is going to look pretty sweet.

100_1480.JPG

100_1484.JPG

100_1485.JPG

100_1489.JPG

100_1491.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty
  • Like 1