IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

i hadn't noticed this until yesterday, but it looks like the pistons are right at .5mm out of the hole. this changes things a bit. i took the head in yesterday to have it checked and if everything is good, bigger valves installed. should find out next week.

im wondering what he PO had in mind when he had this block rebuilt.......

100_2016.JPG

On 9/5/2016 at 8:16 AM, madkaw said:

More importantly I would measure deck height of Pistons . Unless they are waaayyyy out of the top of the block I would go with what ever cam you want. I'd say with reliefs you could go 550+

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

what is waaayyy out? these are at .5mm

13 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The piston pop-up is normal.  About 020", or 0.5mm.  The observation crops up here and there, for stock engines.  Doesn't seem to be spec'ed out anywhere but many people see it.

this has me wondering about piston-valve clearance if i go with a higher lift cam. just trying to wrap my head around it all. sooner or later it will click

Not sure I agree with your explanation Cliff :)
There's guys running 500+ lift cams with flat tops with no issues.
Everything comes at a risk with performance parts . Things do get closer to clashing, but if installed correctly you should be okay. There are methods of measuring.
I actually shaved another .007 off my block so the Pistons are now .025 out of block- but I'm willing to take that risk ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

• 1 month later...

i have been waiting on parts to get the work on the cylinder head finished, so in the meantime........

voltage regulator  mid 80's Chrysler

100_2026.JPG

temperature/oil psi gauges. i kind of like them here. i do trust mechanical over electric

100_2029.JPG

new flame thrower coil

100_2031.JPG

aluminum. gotta love it

100_2035.JPG

intake all cleaned up with new linkage, just looking for a home

100_2036.JPG

header sand-blasted, painted and wrapped. looking for a home

100_2042.JPG

pcv valve connection welded onto the header. we shall see if this works. i also plan on o2 sensors

100_2043.JPG

new differential straps. cost $6 for 6 feet of seatbelt material. the guy says this is good for around 2000 psi. we shall see

100_2044.JPG100_2047.JPG

getting ready to drop the engine back in place

100_2053.JPG

new centerforce clutch

100_2054.JPG