IGNORED

240z low power cuts out

Alan2fast

Ok guys still new here as you guys probably seen just got my 73 240z running but when i give it gas to fast it wants to choke out and almost die and back fires out of the front carburetor. Carburetor were just fully built. Since the frist start i let it run for 15min in idle then reved the motor up and did fine so i took it for a drive and it was hard to get power unless i slowly give it gas then its good after and when i turn the car off the motor shakes hard feels like it wonts to stay on still

If it spits both out of the carburetor AND backfire, things that come to my mind are timing and valve clearance

Did you do anything to the motor, rebuild it or what ?

Sometimes the sway bar is in the way and has to be lowered. It is easier with two people. when you lower the oil pump, oil is gonna want to drip every where. You will need a catch pan. The spindle rotates as it disengages, so you have to lower it to disengage and rotate it some then push it up to reengage, until it is in the correct position like Lumens posted in #19. Once it is clocked correctly reinstall the oil pump bolts. The you will have to reset the ignition timing.