IGNORED

Reproducing HeadLight Covers input needed from the community

Metalman5151

Interesting topic !

So these will have 4 hole, later version - what mounting hardware style will be included ?

The early versions had only 3 holes in the trim rings as you may already know.

I have a set of these but I'm a bit leary of installing these .

Best of luck , I'm interested in the outcome and may order a set from you .

Edited by Unkle
  • Like 1

Interesting topic !

So these will have 4 hole, later version - what mounting hardware style will be included ?

The early versions had only 3 holes in the trim rings as you may already know.

I have a set of these but I'm a bit leary of installing these .

Best of luck , I'm interested in the outcome and may order a set from you .

Yes these will have 4 holes. As for mounting hardware the best option in my opinion would be the rivet style threaded insert. That would require a special tool but I plan to offer the tool and necessary drill bit (USA made not cheap Chinese crap) and all necessary mounting hardware included with covers as an option. All necessary  mounting hardware would be included with all sets of covers. The tool for installing the inserts and correct size drill bit would be optional. There are several low cost insert tools available that would work fine for limited use. (8 inserts total). I will also upload a video of me installing them on one of my Z's if that would help anyone.

Yes these will have 4 holes. As for mounting hardware the best option in my opinion would be the rivet style threaded insert. 

I can see the threaded insert working on the later style metal headlight scoops, but how about the earlier cars with fiberglass headlight scoops?  Epoxy them in instead of using the rivet tool on the thicker fiberglass scoops?

Dennis

I can see the threaded insert working on the later style metal headlight scoops, but how about the earlier cars with fiberglass headlight scoops?  Epoxy them in instead of using the rivet tool on the thicker fiberglass scoops?

Dennis

Very good point. There are inserts available for fiberglass that work very well. That would be my first choice. Epoxy would work well.....as long as the hole is properly prepared and cleaned and the insert itself is roughed up a little so the epoxy would have something to hold on to. I own 2 Z's, a early 71 with the fiberglass buckets and a 73 with the steel buckets. I plan on test installing on both. Rest assured I will provide a effective solution to securing them whether in fiberglass or steel.