Toronto's infamous summer heat AND humidity is just a rumor. That teeny tiny lake it's next to has no effect whatsosever It's really more like Steve's interpretive picture year round. ;)

I WILL be there. Better leave soon, it's a long boring drive from here to there.

I've already looked. Like 14 hours and the forecast this week was 80 headed toward the mid 70's far superior to the high 90's in Memphis. Looking forward to it. I am hoping to have something running by then. We will see. It was very motivating to come see all the beautiful cars.

• Like 2

Yup, that about sums up what to expect. Great people, great beer, great coffee, great Z's. Great job OZCOA. Gonna be epic, eh?

50-50 chance of a blizzard or massive heat wave no matter what part of summer you do this in, so early August it is.

• Like 2

Canadian dollar is all time low.

Save 30% by cross border shopping. Many items in Canada are the same $ price as in USA.

9.5 hour drive for me. But that will take 2 days because I will be stopping in Cleveland for the Rock'n roll museum

Hope you can make it in '16 Madkaw. It was nice to meet people in person...

• Like 1

Toronto's infamous summer heat AND humidity is just a rumor. That teeny tiny lake it's next to has no effect whatsosever It's really more like Steve's interpretive picture year round. ;)

I WILL be there. Better leave soon, it's a long boring drive from here to there.

2 of us will be coming out from winnipeg.  We'll follow lead or drag you out there.  fun fun

Hope you can make it in '16 Madkaw. It was nice to meet people in person...

Me too!

I got a call from "Mad" Mike Taylor last night - he's already urging me to tow the Z to Toronto just to put it out for show!  About 1,400 miles, 2.5 - 3 days each way.  Easy for him to say "do it"!  Hmmm - compare that to a 3 hr. flight from Dallas.  Gonna have to work on that suggestion VERY hard to make any sense of it.

Hey Jim(Big Winner!),

If I had made it I would have entered the street modified category, but I thought I might have had too many mods. How picky were the judges as far as counting mods? Did they package the mods like in the rules-example of front and rear spoiler.

Steve,

I got no questions from the judges on mods so I don't know how it worked across all the cars.  I had my mods listed on a paper in case it came up and I counted the spook and spoiler as two because they were sold separately.  I talked to Mike W before the show, he had declared for Street Mod class but was judged in Nissan Mod class.  I don't know if this was his change or the judges.  I removed my strut bars before the trip to give me some cushion on the count if needed.  Here's my list:

Exterior

• BRE front “Spook”
    • BRE rear spoiler
    • Shaved and painted bumpers
    • Alloy wheels

Interior

• Stereo and speakers
    • Fog/driving light toggle switch
    • Seatbelts
    • Console arm rest
    • Fire extinguisher

Engine Bay

• Air pump and related controls removed
    • Header and exhaust system
    • FIAMM Air horns
    • Relays for headlights and turn signals

Well your list made me aware that I would never make 15 or less, thanks.  I was only hoping for peoples choice entry if i made it, but was considering that class also, but I'm waayyy to modified:)

But I can live with that.

Steve - keep in mind the rules are about "visible" mods, things that change the appearance.  Note that I listed no suspension mods.  My drivetrain is bone stock except for a 0.030 overbore.  Paint color is a free item unless you are in stock class.

BTW - the People's Choice classes this year were arranged by generation and had a lot of negative feedback.  I heard they are going back to the "old" classes next year, not sure if those mirror the judged show classes.

Hope this helps.

Jim, what kind of negative feedback on the people's choice? What were the complaints?

That is one of the reasons why I don't enter judged shows. Someone is always unhappy. Another reason is that I don't have the budget to make it worth my while to enter. :)

Hmmm, Toronto is only fours hours away.  I might be able to make it.

4 hours! You better go:)

I'll try Steve.  Over the last few years I have spent all of my (very limited) Z time and money on the race car.  My street Z has not come off the dollies or out from under the cover in two years.  I stored it for winter and never woke it up after winter.  I hope the fuel stabilizer is still doing its job.   :(

I really wanted to get it out this year, but once again, the house and race car took priority.  Maybe after my race next month I will try to get it out for a month before it gets stored again for winter.