IGNORED

ZCON 2016 Canada Thread

I got a call from "Mad" Mike Taylor last night - he's already urging me to tow the Z to Toronto just to put it out for show!  About 1,400 miles, 2.5 - 3 days each way.  Easy for him to say "do it"!  Hmmm - compare that to a 3 hr. flight from Dallas.  Gonna have to work on that suggestion VERY hard to make any sense of it.

Hey Jim(Big Winner!),

If I had made it I would have entered the street modified category, but I thought I might have had too many mods. How picky were the judges as far as counting mods? Did they package the mods like in the rules-example of front and rear spoiler.

Steve,

I got no questions from the judges on mods so I don't know how it worked across all the cars.  I had my mods listed on a paper in case it came up and I counted the spook and spoiler as two because they were sold separately.  I talked to Mike W before the show, he had declared for Street Mod class but was judged in Nissan Mod class.  I don't know if this was his change or the judges.  I removed my strut bars before the trip to give me some cushion on the count if needed.  Here's my list:

Exterior

• BRE front “Spook”
  • BRE rear spoiler
  • Shaved and painted bumpers
  • Alloy wheels

Interior

• Stereo and speakers
  • Fog/driving light toggle switch
  • Seatbelts
  • Console arm rest
  • Fire extinguisher

Engine Bay

• Air pump and related controls removed
  • Header and exhaust system
  • FIAMM Air horns
  • Relays for headlights and turn signals

Well your list made me aware that I would never make 15 or less, thanks.  I was only hoping for peoples choice entry if i made it, but was considering that class also, but I'm waayyy to modified:)

But I can live with that.

Steve - keep in mind the rules are about "visible" mods, things that change the appearance.  Note that I listed no suspension mods.  My drivetrain is bone stock except for a 0.030 overbore.  Paint color is a free item unless you are in stock class.

BTW - the People's Choice classes this year were arranged by generation and had a lot of negative feedback.  I heard they are going back to the "old" classes next year, not sure if those mirror the judged show classes.

Hope this helps.