IGNORED

To Dream the Impossible Dream (Redwing's Z cars)

FastWoman

I'm thinking (looking at the picture) you have heater hose for high pressure fuel line going into the fuel rail, not good.  It looks the same as the 2 smaller ones on the heat plate for the thermal vacuum switch.  It may be okay for now but I've read that heater hose deteriorates with fuel, possibly getting into your injectors and clogging them up.

Just keep in mind that the more you mess with the cars, the more variables that Chet and I would have to sort out to diagnose what needs to be done.

As Steve said, help is on the way. My advice is to do nothing until Steve and Chet get a chance to look things over. Anything you do now may add to the problems they hope to resolve. They will be in a better position to evaluate the situation first hand than any of us can do remotely.

Stop, relax, don't buy any parts, don't "fiddle" with anything. Experienced help is on the way and you don't want to create a bigger problem than already exists.

Dennis

Took notes and answering you all at once in this post.

Great on my hot gun.

I am planning to do Only the tune up kit and oil change before Steve and Chet get here. Just so all of you understand, I would not attempt anything without your blessings. I had thought of the connectors, but changed my mind. I will Not change anything you want to see as is.

To buy the hoses while getting the parts store to help, I need to have her running to do that. It has to wait.

Diagnose problem('s) has to wait for the guys. But will photo requested parts, to get a head start on it.

Steve, the 2 hoses that are like the main big one, are they the red ones too?

Worry not folks, I have no intention of buying any parts. These that I have, are known needed things. The butt connectors, I'm thinking - tell me if I am wrong, will be needed. And the type you shared with me are all from Hong Kong. So shipping is about 3 weeks, I know from having ordered other stuff from HK. Knowing that, should I order some of these, the ones you shared that photo of - the 3 type lot, now? And, I only order parts that are free shipping. That is except the oil filter. I went ahead with it, because of my transportation situation, and wanting to get the oil change done. I am very savvy about shipping fees.

Still need to know size diameter of wires.

I'm off, on a galloping horse and a mighty " Hi, Ho, Silver."

Blessings, Jai

Jai, you can get all the crimp connectors you need from your local auto parts store at such time as you are ready to do that work.  There is no need to order from Hong Kong.  It's pretty common stuff.  So let's wait on that too!  In my estimation, there will not be anything your car needs that you can't get within 5 business days, and most everything can be gotten within a day or two, free of shipping.

Edited by FastWoman

Today, things are coming together. In the mail I received my Electricians wire cutters, and my neighbor drove me to Advance Auto where I got my Delo oil (that had just arrived), and my silicone dielectric grease. The oil filter has not arrived yet, nor a few other things. I am so excited!

Reading my service manual, and learning-learning-learning! I have Johnathan to thank for the book, and several necessary parts I will need. His gift was so perfect and right on for me! Thank you again Jonathan.

Y ' all take care in this heat to protect your body.

Jai

My pleasure Jai. In my mind, one of the first things you should try and then report back is the starter fluid test. When I have diagnosed with starter fluid in a 280, I have simply removed the air cleaner cover, left the air filter in place, and saturated the air filter while someone else starts the car.

Johnathan and FastWoman

You both have given me different ways of using the starter fluid to check my engine. Johnathan's way seems far easier. Fastwoman's way is a much more detailed way of using the starter fluid. I am wondering if both have the same results? If so, I am leaning towards using Johnathan's way. Asking for imput from you? Any warnings?

Thanks to both of you.

Jai