IGNORED

ZCON 2015 Hookup

One thing you can be sure of......it'll be hot! Savanah was 72 degrees (inside) for the car show......awesome. We won't be as lucky in Memphis. What say we meet at the pool or in an air conditioned bar as much as possible.........things always are a little better with the aid of alcohol!

• Like 3

The ZCON folks confirmed that Millington is the location of the People's Choice show.  Could be a bit tight as the show runs to 3 pm and the closing banquet begins at 5:30.  I was hoping to make this show but since I have get the car loaded onto a trailer for an early Sunday morning departure, I'll miss this event.

http://www.millingtonregionaljetport.com/

(I now declare this thread TOTALLY derailed!) LOL

• Like 1

Jim, Thanks for digging into the Millington thing. Did you happen to ask the ZCON Facebook folks if there was a shuttle available to the people's choice show? (I'm guessing since you have your car there it wasn't at the top of your mind...)

I agree about the venue and the timing. Twelve unfamiliar miles away and the timing is tight. I hope the hotel's water system can handle just about every room taking a shower at 5:00 on Saturday eve.

If you do want to take your car to the people's choice portion of the show (and I sure would if I were you), I'd be happy to give you a hand loading your car before the banquet. Bug out of the show a little early and maybe another pair of hands will be enough to allow you to go and still get loaded in time for the banquet?

And I take the blame for the derailment. I kinda turned the thread into "all things ZCON 2015".  :)

Not able to attend but have been to Memphis a few times in the past.  Be sure to visit Corkie's (ribs and beans -- a favourite of Elvis and his entourage).  They specialize in 'wet ribs'.  Dry-rub ribs, however, are the local specialty.  A couple of places downtown make these a feature of their menus.  And while you're there, drop by the Peabody Hotel -- a famous downtown landmark that maintains a small flock (covey?) of trained ducks in the lobby fountain as mascots.  The ducks perform a march through the lobby every day at 11 AM and 5 PM.

And, no, I am not making this up.

And less than a block away from the Peabody is this place. I'm not recommending we go... In fact, I'm recommending we don't. I'm just thinking we need to keep Blue and his crew far from this place. We don't want any international incident.

kooky2_zps6pbtqumz.jpg

It's the Hoser Hut!

• Like 2