IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

• 4 weeks later...

I had some down time at work today, so I did a quick photoshop mockup of what the Rocket Bunny Pandem Fairlady front valance could look if they made a narrow body version. I had been considering having a 3D designer make me a CAD file of this…

240z-modified-rocket-bunny-pandem-valance.png

(Original photo)

... but now I'm thinking that I don't love it as much as I thought I would.

Edited by Matthew Abate

Think I agree with Mark.  The biggest problem, to me, is that nothing under the bumper matches what's above it, so all the lines just hit a visual wall.  The support piece right in the middle is the worst offender.  Or at least it's tied with the two nostril-looking holes.

I've been digging around the internet for the best deal on a rotisserie and this is what I have found (I am not really considering lifts without jacks but might go there if I have to. I am not considering making a rotisserie for a variety of reasons, even though I am certain I could make a fairly nice one on my own, so save your breath). In every case I will need to buy or fabricate the brackets that attach the rotisserie to the car, so I did not factor in those costs. After comparing a ton of them I have four finalists listed in descending order by price:

AutoTwirler Elite — $1,837.77 ($1,285.00 + $552.77 Shipping to NJ) via JMC Automotive Equipment
This has some really nice features, notably a screw to adjust the T-arm for correct center of gravity and 3" tubing, but it's not worth the price after shipping so it is off the table.

Redline ROT3K — $1,406.49 ($1,199.50 + $82 shipping + $124 for lift gate service)
This is pretty much what I want. It's really similar to the auto twirler, but a bit less expensive, powder coated, and made out of 3" tubing.

Summit Racing Rotisserie — $1,308.97 ($1,159.97 + $149.00)
Pretty much the same as the Redline one above.

Weaver W-Rotisserie — $1,195.00 (free shipping)
Comes with lots of extra goodies, including door bars, but none of the brackets will work on our cars so they are kind of a waste. I'm not sure I need the door bars, either. I DO like the crank they have for rotating the car, but I think if the center go gravity is dialed in that becomes unnecessary. It's also the only one in this list that doesn't have the balancing screw.

Eagle Equipment Adjustable Height Rotisserie Lift — $1084 ($895 - 5% military discount + $128 Shipping to NJ + $140 for lift gate service) from manufacturer
Might be okay. It has a screw for adjusting the center of gravity for the T-arm, but this one is 2.5" tubing.

Tuxedo CR-3000 — $995.00 (free shipping) via Best Buy Auto Equipment
Looks kind of rickety, but everyone who sells them says they never get complaints, and I don't see any bad reviews. I expect that this will come with hardware that needs to be replaced. It's also 2.5" tubing.

Edited by Matthew Abate