IGNORED

L28+(maxima)47 build

• 3 weeks later...

Actually moving forward again on the motor. The big cam arrived and I can start doing lash pads . Should get lucky and have just two sizes , and I have a set for the one size. Short block is just where I left it - all assembled under the bench. Things should roll pretty fast now. I was hoping for this high drama push to put the big motor in at the last minute to make it to Z con- but reality just kicked my arse again. Be glad to take the 2.4 !

EA72B582-4D61-4B01-8800-64636DDB4BA7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well my 190 lash pads arrived yesterday so I am chumping at the bit to get going on assembly,  trying to take a deep breath before start. Don’t want to rush this . Biggest thing to check now is piston to valve clearance . All other projects are put on hold until this thing is assembled !

Also think I snagged a G-force t-5 trans to mate up with this. For those not familiar it is the Nissan T-5 from the ZXT that gets its guts ripped out and replaced with WC T-5 guts. Larger main shaft and tougher gear sets . Pro- tower shifter , hydraulic TOB! The beauty is that you get a trans that is good for 600 hp , better gear ratios and it just bolts up!

• Like 3

Lash pads installed !

.525 lift and still room for the valves and pistons to share. Waiting on a adjustable cam sprocket and still debating on the balancer . Thinking about spending the $$ because I want to use it on my L32 eventually . Also waiting on some hardware to finish buttoning up things . 

85FB8C4A-24D0-4232-86F8-6310C514B0E4.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, madkaw said:

Lash pads installed !

.525 lift and still room for the valves and pistons to share. Waiting on a adjustable cam sprocket and still debating on the balancer . Thinking about spending the $$ because I want to use it on my L32 eventually . Also waiting on some hardware to finish buttoning up things . 

85FB8C4A-24D0-4232-86F8-6310C514B0E4.jpeg

Did you have to remove any material off the 190 lash pads?  If you did would you mind sharing your method?  Thank you Steve.

6 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Did you have to remove any material off the 190 lash pads?  If you did would you mind sharing your method?  Thank you Steve.

Why would I remove material? I figured the size I needed and ordered the correct ones

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I bought a cam kit that came with 190s.  It's a .460 lift.  Thank you for your reply.

So what size do you need? The lash pads are available . Have you done a wipe with stock pads? 

• Like 1