IGNORED

L28+(maxima)47 build

23 hours ago, Chickenman said:

That picture should make people think about some of the published Data on some of the Flat Top pin. heights. I've always contested that the OZDat engine calculator has got the pin height wrong, as it calculates the piston crown as being below the deck surface. Same as the dished pistons. That is obviously incorrect. 

Very common for FT' to stick above the block deck approx 0.021" to 0.024" .  And why you always check dimensions.... 

I didn’t make a specific statement - but I did say in this thread that the block had been shaved - .005 to be exact 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Can’t believe this thread is 4 years old. Man I’m slow. I did order a cam today for the build . Potter Racing cam! Once I have it in hand I can actually start the rest of the assembly. Need to work out lash pads once cam is here, then check PVC - hope that works out well -eek! 

Meanwhile the 3.2 block gets a bath so I can drop the crank in! 

56E5CD75-BBDE-49AD-9594-787D135658E4.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Re tired!

That's what you told me, time to get to work. LOL

It’s funny how you need to get to work when you retire from work!-lol! 

I can’t keep up with retirement .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, madkaw said:

Can’t believe this thread is 4 years old. Man I’m slow. I did order a cam today for the build . Potter Racing cam! Once I have it in hand I can actually start the rest of the assembly. Need to work out lash pads once cam is here, then check PVC - hope that works out well -eek! 

Meanwhile the 3.2 block gets a bath so I can drop the crank in! 

I know the feeling, I have always finished my projects fast i think but the last project, my Mr30 E88 Head build with the potter cam  (same as you have i guess?) will take a long time. Really annoying but sometimes you just have to accept that $^!# happens and sets back things like this.

Keep up the good work. I’m interested to see how it works out.

/Andreas

• 4 weeks later...

I am very interested in how this turns out.  Recently I bought a 1969 240z with a L28, F54 and an MN47 head.  Of all the zeees that I have had (240z 1970, 1971, 1971, and a 1972) this is the most powerful and the most stable of them all.  It will scream up to 6500rpm or idle at 500-600 rpm without issues.  From what the previous owner said, the engine had been rebuilt in Japan (still has the Rebuilt by Nissan Japan sticker on it) a it had come out of a 1982zx turbo, along with the Borg Warner 5 speed transmission.  Only other thing I know about it so far is that it has a super light weight flywheel and centerforce clutch...

Anyway I am digressing, so back to the subject...I am very curious how yours will turn up since I am planning to change pistons later on ( I am assuming that I have the dished pistons and dont know what cam i have but I am assuming it is the stock???) if I have dished, in order to squeez just a couple of ponies out of.  May or may not change the cam, and will definetely not change the SU which were obtained  from or reworked by ZTherapy.. 

Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 1:42 PM, 240z70 said:

I am very interested in how this turns out.  Recently I bought a 1969 240z with a L28, F54 and an MN47 head.  Of all the zeees that I have had (240z 1970, 1971, 1971, and a 1972) this is the most powerful and the most stable of them all.  It will scream up to 6500rpm or idle at 500-600 rpm without issues.  From what the previous owner said, the engine had been rebuilt in Japan (still has the Rebuilt by Nissan Japan sticker on it) a it had come out of a 1982zx turbo, along with the Borg Warner 5 speed transmission.  Only other thing I know about it so far is that it has a super light weight flywheel and centerforce clutch...

Anyway I am digressing, so back to the subject...I am very curious how yours will turn up since I am planning to change pistons later on ( I am assuming that I have the dished pistons and dont know what cam i have but I am assuming it is the stock???) if I have dished, in order to squeez just a couple of ponies out of.  May or may not change the cam, and will definetely not change the SU which were obtained  from or reworked by ZTherapy.. 

Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted.

Might be comparing apples to oranges going from a 2.4 to a 2.8 with a small chamber head. I bet it goes . Not a lot of combos like this to compare too. One member on here is running the 54/mn47 but I can’t remember who. 

Anywho, waiting on my Potter cam to come in to finish this engine build. I am trying to resist the forces of going straight to my 3.2, but it’s tough. I really want to prove a point( might be wrong) , that this head is a really good option for a build. 

2 hours ago, 240260280 said:

I have L28 with  shaved N47 in Blue.  I hope to get back at it soon. A bit like an MN47 but not quite a peanut shape nor as much squish area.

cc2.jpg32ccN47.gif

That’s a lot of shaving to get that CR! I’m gathering at least .080 . Does the n47 have the D shaped biased ports ? Not sure there’s enough in common between the heads to compare - but like you be glad to hear it run 

• Like 1